1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing on a Provisional License?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by RacerX8500, Oct 3, 2011.

1. RacerX8500

RacerX8500 Active Member

I completed the Schwantz School at Nashville the 23rd of September. I was told I could file for my provisional license afterwards. I have two questions: 1) Does my provisional license last one year from the date of completion of the school or one year from when I file? 2) Can I race on a provisional license? I would like to get my feet wet this year so I can at least know the routine of a race weekend. Thanks!

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

The way I read it when I applied for my license was that it was good for a full year from the date you purchase it.

However, I made sure I had two race weekends that I could make it to prior to the season's end so that I could get through my provisional status.

Seeing as how the only race left is the GNFs I think you're out of luck until next season.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our license is good for 12 months from date of purchase - no matter which level you are. Your graduation cert is also good for a year so you don't have to buy the license right away. Yes you absolutely can race on a PN license, however sadly we won't have any races until February or so - however, you can definitely come to the GNF and hang out and get a feel for a racing event.

4. gsxramar

gsxramar Well-Known Member

I have wera race license but didn't get chance to race this year. I am planing on racing next year. Can I renew my license and keep my race number? Or do I have to retake race school again?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can just renew it.

6. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

when i registered i was riding a bike with someone else's number on it and that was the number wera assigned me, can i change that?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me the details - did you ask for different numbers on your membership application?

8. intrcptrrdr

will do. as for the numbers, i had the classic deer in the headlights thing going on and didn't realize it until you guys sent me the paperwork in the mail. for example i forgot my helmet and had to borrow one!

the cool thing was that my lap times were better than my best trackday times.

thanks.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Totally understand and that's why she went with the one on the form (figuring you had it on the bike for some reason). We'll see what we can do, send some ideas of what you want in the email.

10. intrcptrrdr

e-mail sent

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

My number was the date I applied. I wrote the date on the "Race # Requested" line by mistake. Luckily the trackside vendor had 3's and 1's on hand...