1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing boots for large calves

Discussion in 'General' started by racerdude413, Sep 10, 2014.

1. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

OK i have the biggest claves in the world, when i buy any kind of boots, the claves is the only thing i look at, if it fits the claves i buy them no matter how the rest fits or looks...

about 5 years ago I bought Teknic Violators because i asked the same question on this forum and 2-3 guys recommended the Violators.. well mine are cooked now and i need a new pair... Violators are discontinued (i looked)...

What is the new go-to boot for large calves now?

2. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

The Hillary's are pretty good.

3. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

got a mate who also has Mchuge calves, he uses arlen-ness boots, which apparently are made by berick, but berick shit is made for different target markets so may not fit the same.

cheers.joe.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Try the new Sidi Mag-1 boots. They seem to be ridiculously adjustable. Check the video on the STG site.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My dad does too (working on ladders all his life). He's always gone with Gaerne boots and had his suit opened up at the calves.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I have a friend with the same problem. He got a pair of SIDIs. They have an expandable calf area. I think the model was vertigo or something.

7. racerdude413

I checked them out, the site says up to 15inch, mesured mine and measuring surper tight i get 17 inch... i'm a freak :Poke:

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

What I wouldn't give for svelte 17" calves (mine are 18" :) ). I'll be interested in whatever comes of this thread myself. My Violators are still usable but have definitely seen better days.

Part of the problem I guess is exactly how far up the calf must one measure? And then adding room for the leathers, assuming they go inside the boot which most do.

9. racerdude413

they said to mesure 11.5 inches from the base of the heel...

Like i said my 17 was with the tape tight around and on my bare leg... i need more like 20 to fit my leathers in... my violators needed duct tape help the last 2 seasons...

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Forma and Gaerne

11. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

what about the sidi vortice?? my buddy uses them, he's a bigger guy with some hocks down there

12. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

what size boot do you wear?

13. racerdude413

i wear 10.5 / 11 so 45 depending on the model...

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sheik's calve is bigger than your thigh, ask him what he wears

15. gixxernaut

I measured exactly 11.5" and got 17.25" calf diameter. I'll check out some of the suggestions. Birthday's coming up and I could dig getting some new boots to model in my birthday suit... :D

16. gixxernaut

I have no idea where to begin looking for these. Google turns up fashion stuff for "Hillary Boots", and Googling "Hillary Motorcycle Boots" results in dozens of pages of ads for every other brand except Hillary. If you have a source in mind I'd be interested in checking them out.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

18. Uncle Snake

Uncle Snake Well-Known Member

My calves measure 18" and Sidi Vertigos fit nicely with some adjustment left. Size 46 and 11.5. I also have (2) pairs of Oxtars that fit great.

19. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Garne for sure!

20. gixxernaut