1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

racetech worth the money?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sickgixxer33, Jul 24, 2010.

1. sickgixxer33

sickgixxer33 Track Whore!!

i stand corrected sorry. i have heard many good things from friends that have had the 20mm kit. open to opinions

2. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Ohlins really blew it on one aspect of that kit when compared to their other fork parts.

3. Fairchild

Fairchild Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate?

4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I guess I got it easy.... my buddy works for race tech. We live about 1 hours from race tech so anything I need its always right there. Shaun at trackohaulics Send your forks to him for race tech stuff I watch him build forks and shocks everyday he takes his time on every one and builds it perfect. 760 481 3263 If you guys ever have problems with race tech call him. Ask for shaun.

5. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Just so there is no confusion, we DO NOT use any of RaceTech's valving. We manufacture all of our own pistons and build all of our own valving in house. The AK-20 Cartridge does not use anything that we don't build in our shop. Come on, that is how rumors get started.:confused:
    Come on by we will be happy to give a tour of our facility and show you everything.
    The only product we use from RaceTech is their emulator.

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Wonder where the Traxxion and Graves using RaceTech stuff started.

7. trispdtrip

I do not know. That is pretty crazy. I know for a fact that Graves does not use Racetech either. The internet is a wonderful thing.

8. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

They are still using check valves instead of going to a mid valve arrangement like they did on their 25mm stuff years ago and like Race Tech's newer stuff has been for several years.

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I don't know. I will ask him tonight when I go to the shop what he is talking about. I am not trying to start anything that is just what he tells me.

10. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

emulator........What is that ?

11. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

I dont think you will deny that traxxion has used racetech valving and parts will you? I know you make your own stuff now, but that was not always the case.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  12. Big Deezul

The RMR XR1200's have racetech suspension....you know, the bike that has won that class both times it has ran

DNA energy drinks...Bobby Fong

13. trispdtrip

When Max first started Traxxion he did use RaceTech valves. Heck he was the biggest dealer of RaceTech valves for a while. We have been designing and manufacturing our own valves for over 10 years now.
    I do not understand how that correlates to us using a competitors valving in our cartridge kit. We are very proud of our products and I personally think they are among the best on the market, bar none.

14. Fairchild

Fairchild Well-Known Member

Folks, if you don't know what the fuck your talking about, STFU!

Some day you will be embarressed of your rookie posts just like the rest of us.:D

15. Big Deezul

First, I never said you used them in your cartridges....I said you USED them...please re-read. I know this because I had a set of first gen R6 forks done by you all with RT valves ....less then 10 years ago btw.

Second, you acted as if what I said was so ludicrous, but it is actually true..so to me that means Max, being the suspension guru he is had to believe in the RT products. Dont act as if what I said was bullshit when I have been around long enough to know better.

Third, I have ALL of the big name cartridges for my bikes....Racetech, Ohlins and yes even 2 sets of traxxion cartridges. I will keep to myself which I prefer, because it has to do with the feeling I get with the tires I run on MY bikes. It could be totally different for someone else....AND I prefer 1 brand in my Buells and another in my Yamaha!

My whole point in this is that Racetech does make some really nice stuff and while I agree with tophyr on many many subjects, this one I do not. I think he had a bad install which turned him off...I understand that, but that doesnt mean the product is not of high quality.

not sure who this is aimed at, but my statements are factual...thanks

Not sure about the graves comment as that was made by someone else....all of the Graves bikes I have seen use Ohlins, but the idea of traxxion using RT valves came from the fact that I have had forks done by them with RT valves...hope that clears it up

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Shane Narbonne is moving pretty good this year on RT products in the front and the back. Good enough to (briefly) hold the lap record at Loudon.

17. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

RT has been one of the suspension pioneers and they have brought a lot to the table. Not to forget RT makes some of the best suspension tools in the trade, my box if full of them. Take a look in most tuners boxes and I'm sure you will find a few....In the end its always a personal choice.. whatever you feel comfortable with....live and let live. Cheers to us all and i respect everyone right to there own point of view and opinion.

18. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I spoke with shaun yesterday he said graves uses race tech valves. But will never say they do. And he is in the AMA paddock every weekend with Aussie Dave setting up his suspension.

19. trispdtrip

Man, I'm not trying to argue with just trying to clear up some confusion about us using Racetech valves in our cartridges. That is completely false and we have never ever used anything but our Axxion Valves in our cartridges.
    As I stated before we have not used Gold Valves in a long time. If you have an R6 I can not see us using Gold Valves in it. How do you know they are Gold Valves?
    I never said RaceTech did not make good products. They do make good stuff and you are correct that everyone likes different stuff, different companies, and different people.
    So, sorry if I pissed you off. That was not my intention. I was just trying to clear up some mis-information.

PS-I'm very close friends with one of the Graves crew chiefs. Racetech is not on their bike.
    Happy Friday everyone!!!:beer:

20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Ok I believe you. I just don't know why they would buy shit from race tech then......testing maybe.