1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

racetech and fox owners - sound off...

Discussion in 'General' started by wahaut79, Jul 11, 2002.

1. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

5wt oil is probably to light for you. I'm 155lbs without gear. The F3 forks on my FZR400 are setup with .90 springs, gold valves, and 7.5 wt oil. This is Traxxion's setup. Works great.

2. wahaut79

wahaut79 Well-Known Member

lm-
    thanks for more input. i might try running 7.5....i'm gonna try to get a hold of a racer buddy of mine and see what he thinks.
    stay safe!

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Re: Apples and Oranges

Hence the comparison of apples and horse apples.

Since I don't have the cartrige emulators, I'm relying on .90 springs, a variety of pre-load spacers and adjusting the available damping with different oil weights. Compared to the stock set up (Dive! Dive! Dive!) the .90 springs with 20wt oil at stock oil height is just a tad slow, letting the front patter just a bit as it couldn't extend quick enough on rippled surfaces. When I mixed 1/4 15wt with 3/4 20wt, the patter went away. As this is NOT a race bike, seeing only a few track day outings, the emulators are overkill.

Of course, the Penske in the rear would be a bit of overkill as well, eh? :)