1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race school on the east coast

Discussion in 'General' started by wwsuzuki, Dec 4, 2010.

1. wwsuzuki

wwsuzuki Well-Known Member

If this has already been covered show me the link.
    Whats the best race school to better race skills on the east coast

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Ed Bargy

3. LongDogRacing

LongDogRacing Well-Known Member

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Eric Wood @ Penguin Road racing schools, they run at Loudon, NH and Homestead, Forida.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

http://www.penguinracing.com

We held the school this past Friday at Homestead. Jerry, Eric and Jeff are racing today. Next school will be at Homestead on February 11.

6. wwsuzuki

Cornerspeed looks fun. What did it help you on?

7. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

Yamaha champions school is doing atleast 1 event here on the east coast next year. Could call to check availability...

8. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

+1 on YCRS. I did it on their east coast swing last year. Cornerspeed Level I doesn't give much more than what you can get from most track day instruction, in my opinion - just a crash course to give you a broad stroke of it all in one day. But you can get a race license by doing it, as they also throw in race procedures, flags, and a mock race. I think it's a good class for a first timer/really new person to the track - otherwise, do track days. On the other hand, CornerSPIN is an awesome course to really teach you something after you're comfortable on the track.

9. ton

ton Arf!

it's been covered to death. the search tool on this forum for your topic or for any of the schools so far mentioned will turn up wealth.

different schools have different focus depending on personal preference, skill level of clients, etc. it would be helpful to know what your skill level and experience on track is, as well as your location (given the geographical extent of the east coast).

i think Pridmore's STAR school will be at NJMP next season as well as Keith Code at NJMP and VIR.

10. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

U could also do private sessions..I gets expensive but imo its worth it..
    There not on the East coast But I know Chris Peris and Ken Hill offer private coaching if thats what ya after..

11. wwsuzuki

I live in georgia, last year was my first race year with wera

12. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Given that, definitely Ed Bargy. Least expensive and close by and one of the faster instructors can give you the attention you need if your faster than the other advanced students.

13. got40

got40 On hiatus...

:stupid:

Chalk up the American Supercamp east coast swing too.