1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race licensing question.

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by omatter34, Mar 1, 2011.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

My buddy and I took the Ed Bargy Class May 15, 2010 and got our certifications. My question is, how long is this good for with WERA? He is not going to be able to do any racing until the Jennings round on May 21-22. Will his cert still be good for this weekend?

Edit: Just realized I probably put this in the wrong forum. Mod's please move to Info for New Racers if needed.

2. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

i believe wera acknowledges the cert for 1 year. why doesnt he just apply for his race license now? that way he is not worried about the cert expiring

3. omatter34

My understanding was that he would have to complete his provisional race within one year. Is that not correct?

4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

PM sent Shawn.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As was said above, you've got up to 1 year after your school before you'd need another.

6. omatter34

That's what I thought, but is that prior to registering for your WERA license, finishing 1 provisional weekend, two provisional weekends or what? I am getting a few different responses on that. Thanks in advance.

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

you can get any WERA license during the 1 year after your school. You can buy license before years up, then complete your provisional weekend(s) later. Just don't take too long between school and provisional weekend.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll be fine.

9. omatter34

Thanks Mongo. My buddy will be glad to know that he won't need to take another licensing class.

10. Fuzzy317

has he ridden on a track since the school?

11. omatter34

Yes he has done a number of track days, just hasn't had a chance to get to a race weekend.

12. Fuzzy317

Just checking that he is working/has worked on his skills. It would be bad if he taken the school then parked the bike for over a year.

13. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Are you saying that you're not wanting to do your job! :D

14. Fuzzy317

If I do nothing at a race track, that's fine with me.