1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Gas

Discussion in 'General' started by Peanut, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Ok since we are on the horsepower issue & it looks like my f4 needs some help, what type of race gas does everyone use?

Do you need to drain it after weekend, & if there are different types, are they all around $15 bucks a gallon?

Nut

------------------
    absolutespeedracing.com

2. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

FWIW (not much I know [​IMG]) my opinion is that unless you're no more than 1-2 seconds off the fastest experts nu-tec type fuels are about the worst way to spend money if you want to go faster. Spend it on tires, suspension, track days or an extra class or 2 instead. Of course, if your resources are essentially unlimited, then go for it. [​IMG]

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I just run pump gas in my bike. I ran 2 tanks of race gas for 1 trackday & could not tell the difference [​IMG] except the tailpipe was a pretty white color [​IMG]

My money is better spent else where at this point.

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

What ever happened to ELF gas. KWS used to sell it but has now changed to Nutec. Kevin Hunt made a believer out of me after back to back dyno runs with my standard 108 race gas to ELF. On my 100hp motor it about 4-6hp or 4-6%. It was $208 for a 50liter drum. Everbody has switched over to VP or Nutec.
    I couldn't feel a difference but I only ran it for races, not practice. I guess I could squeak by people I normally wouldn't have on the long straights. Who knows, coulda just been the weight reduction of my prerace-dump. [​IMG]

5. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Point(s) taken, but I'm really more curious than anything else.

[This message has been edited by Peanut (edited 12-31-2001).]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the Elf thing is strictly access to it, Nu-tec is being dictributed better as is VP (both are for sale in 5 gallon drums at the shop down the street and VP is at or near most dirt ovals as well). If I remember correctly the guy that was distributing Elf went to work for Nu-Tec but I could be wrong, I kind of remember somehting along those lines but the specifics are fuzzy.

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I remember something in RRW about the guy quitting ELF and going to Nutec. Don't remember his name though.

8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

his name is matt nuvea (sp?) lionell is the new nutec rep. www.nutecdivision.com
    310 641 8015

vp fuels can be reached at www.vpracingfuels.com
    they have 25 different grades of fuel to include methanol and nitromethane
    they have an office in barnett ga 706 465 9357

9. Mblashfield

rrw mag did a story on fuels. kevin at kws used rich conicellis 750 and tested several of the well known brands. for those that are not aware of the benefits and costs, its a great article. john or someone can let us know what issue.

10. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Kevin showed me, on my bike, a couple years before he did that test. I bought a drum of ELF right then!

11. Mblashfield

the article is in the 2000 october issue, page 14. baseline hp was at 129 with amoco 93 before fuel injection remapping. using the 4 "hot" fuels the bike gained right at 10hp, with the exception of the elf fuel which had a gain of 5hp. the other 3 fuels were vp, nutec and power mist. the fuels ran between 14-17$ a gallon. all you naysayers and suzuki 600 haters read it and weep, or bust out your wallet.

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Again, I thought this post was going to be about Tardholio. Happy New Year, my brother! [​IMG]

13. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Nah, it would have been titled Racing with Gas if it was aboot me. [​IMG]

Can we expect to see more of you at the track this New Year? [​IMG]