1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Class Question??

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by superbikebiotch, Jul 2, 2002.

1. How many entries do you have to have for CCS to keep you as GP SINGLES? It seems that they combine the class with another if there aren't enough entries.

2. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

i know this is a smart assed answer.....
    ask CCS.

sorry I couldn't resist

3. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

They run the class with another if there aren't enough entries to make a decent grid the same way WERA will combine 125s and Clubman, but AFAIK they don't score the two together. Do they?

Or is that not your question? :D

4. werase643

I tried to enter the clubman race on my 125 the first time i rode it. I had never launched it before and didn't want to get run over. I started last in clubman and wes scored last in 125.

clubman is formula rules....125 should be legal....but they are not
    also it doesn't matter, they run together

5. I saw a guy entered in gpsingles, and got thrown in lightweight sportsman(?) (because he was the only one) Anyways, then you are running with sv 650's etc... I was just trying to figure out how many of us there needed to be for a gp singles class... there will be him, me and my boyfriend...( and hopefully others will show up that I haven't heard about down here) too bad, not too many of us 125's here in AZ...

And to reply to the smart ass, I have read CCS' rule book, and while it covers everything else, it says nothing about how many entries have to be in each class...

Guess my question is that and if you are combined with another class, are you now competeing against those sv650's?

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I would think your questions would be more accurately answered if you were to contact CCS, and not just post your queries on a BBS for a different racing org. If you want to make a request for information in writing, I ~think~ CCS has upgraded to actually have a FAX number; don't know if they are up to snuff with regard to e mail.

:)

7. werase643

dear superbikebiotch,

sorry to offend you, well not actually.
    why ask people who race with WERA what CCS is doing in their class structure and rules.
    why not contact CCS directly
    it wasn't that smartassed of a reply, it was kinda a statement of the obvious.

look i found you some contact info....from the CCS website
    ask the powers that make the rules........

If you are interested in any part of our program please contact Kenneth Abbott via e-mail at [email protected]. We will gladly contact you with info.

Kenneth Abbott - Event Manager - National Road Race Series

Kevin Elliott - Event Manager - Championship Cup Series

Michael Murphy - Marketing and PR - CCS & NRRS

Roger Lyle - National Safety Director - Safety Crew only

http://www.marrc.org or http://www.omrra.com.
    Please feel free to contact CCS for any questions or comments: 817.332.4822

Technical Questions: Kevin Elliott, ext. 103 or [email protected]

License & Entry Questions: Tiffiney Ingram, ext. 119 or [email protected]

8. I only said, "to the smart ass", because you said you were being a smartass, I just figured you were goofing off in saying that. I was NOT offended in any way. I was informed here on this forum before that gp racers are a sort of family and help eachother out... and I have found that to be true before.
    I did not realize that no one here raced with CCS. I am unaware of any other race organizations here in Arizona besides CCS. I thought maybe there were members on here who did both. I have found this forum very informative and helpful in the past. And so I thought somebody may know off hand, and/or maybe the same rules applied to pretty much all the race organizations.
    As a newbie there is a TON of things to learn about, I appreciate everyones help and insights of what they have learned.
    Thanks for the information!

9. werase643

superbikebiotch
    i'm just goofing off today.
    nothing personal

i only have riden my 125 a couple of times.
    it was worth every penny the first time i hit a straight at VIR.

i used to cornerwork for WERA and CCS while in school and some of CCS's policies scared me....WERA did that with a bit more safety concerns.

but ya gota race what is local if you want to get on the track.

i was concidering racing with CCS...they go to VIR a couple of times a year also....and the track is worth it.

10. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

Typically CCS will put the classes on the track at the same time but score it as though it were seperate classes. I am actually looking into getting a 125 during the winter (like we have one in AZ) but haven't been too motivated since there aren't that many around. I figure having a 600, an RC51 and a 125 should put me in enough classes to go broke by midway through the first round :).

11. Know what you mean about the 125's in Arizona! We have to ship in ours from out of state!
    So if I entered in gp singles and I were the only one, I'd get first place?!
    I have been trying to encourage everybody even remotely interested in 125 to get one, so we can have a class and some competition around here... know another girl with one, another girl who wants one... and a guy I let ride mine really likes them and wants one now, so if I could just give everyone the bug...maybe we'd get a few 125 racers around here!

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

As a WERA Official/Scorer when classes are combined, we still score the classes as separate.

As for CCS, I think they do the same thing.