1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race 11 Novice pride

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by novice#374, Apr 16, 2001.

1. novice#374

novice#374 Well-Known Member

It all started in race 11.I thinking myself a much slower rider downed my green shirt. Track still being wet I was really worried about my dot's keeping traction. We did our warm up, and positioned ourselves on the line. (third wave). Wave one green flag!....wave two green flag!...wave three green flag and we're off! Then like days of thunder we have to dodge a massive surge of downed bikes (I Hope no one was hurt). Then hammer is down! Lap one being a 2 min 21 sec I was taking it easy trying not to wad. The tires (Bridgestone BT58's) were feeling pretty confident. So I pushed a little more. Second lap 2 m 8 s. Third lap 2 m 4 sec. fourth lap 2 m 6 sec. fifth lap 1 m 52.
    Then the moment of truth, another rider and I battled laps 3-5 He being a great rider, stayed just ahead at every turn. White flag! He went to outside of turn one I broke late to inside hoping the tires would hold at that speed. I made the pass but critical error, I had too much momentum for turn two. As I flipped the bike back right my tail went skyward, as my rear swayed in the breeze like a fish out of water I quickly tried to get back in control. I manage to save it crank down on the throttle again and from what I was told the other rider had enough skill but not enough motor to catch up from there sealing my 7th place finish according to results. last lap 2 m 49s. Not bad For my second weekend this year and fifth weekend of my life. If anybody saw it please let me if anything was inaccurate it kinda hard to get idea when your in the race. thanx to DB Motorsports, Honda of Sumter, Wife and daughter for all there support of my racing.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

and thank you for your support. two nasty weekends in a row and your doing good. keep it up.

Derek Bennett
    owner DB Motorsports

3. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Good Job Man ! I'm the guy next to you who got spit off his GXSR in practice. Excellent job in your race. Too bad my bike started puking oil and caught on fire forcing me to take a ride with Stickboy or I could've been there with ya! Hopefully I'll have everything straightened out by Talladega. You are going aren't ya ?

4. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Cool Man!! Congratulations!

5. novice#374

Don't know if i'll make talladega, but good luck if ya go. thanx for the encouragement.ps I'm bringing a spare brake resevoir [​IMG]

6. novice#374

thanx stickboy! i'll try to do you proud