1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 relay buzzing???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by HamGSXR750, May 6, 2009.

1. HamGSXR750

HamGSXR750 Well-Known Member

I have a 1999 r6 trackbike, just replaced the whole harness, replaced rectifier, now the bike won't even turn over!!

The relay with the two brown wires going into it, one brown, other is brown/white

Relay FE246B something after it but is rubbed off

It buzzes when you hit the power to it, put meter on it, when cranked, voltage drops!

I have a new battery that has sat for a little while, i put on charger to try to eliminate this variable!

It does run, just has had electrical problems!.

Also, when replacing the harness, there was a red/green little single 90 degree angle plug that one one wire plugs too.

I didn't see any place on the bike that it plugs, and there is no place in the harness. i don't know if it came unplugged or just doesn't go to anything???

ANY HELP IS SWEET!!!!!!!

Thanks

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If it's a relay, then try completing the circuit or opening the circuit that the relay manages for the desired results (without the power).

Green/red is usually water temp on Yamahahas. Somewhere on cylinder head or thermostat housing.

3. HamGSXR750

Cdi fried?

well, after further looking at it, i have came to the conclusion it is the starter relay that is buzzing, fuel pump came on, but buzzed when i hit the start button, with no cranking of motor!

After this, i really screwed up, along with the help of a buddy, we tried to change and put different relay off old 1999 r6 harness, same relay!

Made the mistake of not disconnecting power!

Arched a spark when taking the positive off the relay, now bike won't even turn gauges on or buzz, nothing, all fuses are fine, no power to rectifier, fuel pump, NOTHING!!!

DID I FRY CDI????

I have a huge feeling i did

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Check the main fuse?

5. HamGSXR750

r6

main fuse is fine, so are all the others!

Still can't get anything to work, no gauge, fuel pump, starter...nothing!!!

any help is greatly appreciated!!!

6. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

You blew the fuse. And you have a dead battery. Check the fuses again, with a meter, not your eyes.

7. HamGSXR750

i checked them with a meter!

no luck, the fuses i can see are all fine!

everything appears ok, no burns or anything, just have no power to the gauge, fuel,starter, Nothing works!!!!!

8. old and busted

old and busted Well-Known Member

Buzzing is generally indicitive of a poor connection/bad ground, do some voltage drops.