1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 comfort tips for a tall guy

Discussion in 'General' started by Quick6RR, May 12, 2020.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Super Duke was made for you.

turbulence likes this.
  2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The later GSX-Rs just feel so comfy. Every time I jump on one I think, “yep, this is home.”

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Yes, he's probably closer to 6'4 but super thin. I've ridden with him countless times at Chuckwalla (around him I supposed) and he's fucking flexible man.

I'm 6'4 260lbs on a 2008 GSXR 600. We raised the rear 10MM and extended the forks. My rearsets are in the middle, all the way back and my clip ons need to be worked on. It's a cramped ride but I make it work.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I've got an S1000XR that I'll track when I need a change of pace. Also, couldn't agree with the other poster's comment more - big feet are such a fucking PITA on a motorcycle.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1!! We tried that and it didn't work.

I think I read somewhere you want to actually be able to let go of the bars and be able to stay in a squatted position with wherever your pegs are and not fall forward. In my son's case we moved them all the way to the front, as I recall, but I think down a bit on the adjustable ones. I can't remember if the graves were really adjustable once we had those?

Try and drop your shoulder when you are hanging off and lock your outer leg into the tank, you can see his foot is on the ball of the peg. He is the guy in front here.
    Ty1.jpg
    My kid is almost 6'1 but it is all in his legs, I'm 5'11 and if we are sitting I look taller than him. Here he is getting off the bike, notice how the ball of his foot is on the edge of the peg, I think this helps.
    Ty2.jpg
    Not necessarily perfect form, just grabbed this to show how long his legs are and how he would exaggerate getting ready prior to the corner. This is at a YCRS school, I used to call him wind sail with how far out he got those long legs. He is the guy in back.
    Ty3.jpg

This is over a rise at Sonoma, I believe, just showing how he would try and get ready prior to the corner so he wasn't so rushed once in the corner. It may help you to get your rear over at least to your crack and get your knee out prior to hitting the corner. My son also needed grip tape of some type on the tank, to help him lock in.

Ty4.jpg

Attached Files:

• Ty2.jpg
      Ty2.jpg
      File size:
      86.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member