1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6-'06 to '08+ throttle bodies questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Bloodhound, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I'm kind of toying around with buying a set of '08+ throttle bodies for my '06 trackbike to gain some midrange steam/drive-ability.

Anyhow, to the chase, what all parts would be need to do this? Guessing the throttle bodies, ECU, harness(?) and airbox (?). Could anyone point me inthe right direction?

Also, would this be worth it or should I try out a JETT tuning ECU reflash or Yamaha kit ECU before jumping all over the parts swap-out? Currently the bike sits with a MJS header, stock air filter (winter replacement pending), Scorpion slip-on and PC3 (using a downloaded map last season due to attempting to figure out how to get midrange out of this thing...currently, better than stock but kinda like a 125 MX bike).

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

need the 08 gas tank too.. look up this topic, discussed many times including the Jett tuning reflash and YEC ecu. Either way need fuel map. I have both..(JT reflash on SB, kit on SS). BOth work awesome.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up...guess I should've searched first. All apologies.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no worries, just lots of info if ya don't wanna wait for replies.