1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1M SBK motor build track bike

Discussion in 'Tech' started by warclok, Dec 26, 2016.

1. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

Wanted to share my build with u guys, just got the bike back few days ago and its ready for the 2017 track season!!!

If you have any questions, lemme know...the builder is here on this site from evansville superbike shop...here is the before and after on HP...and the mod list is long...:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LilBabyGirl, Vinny337 and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Ruben!! Caw caw!

Im getting a Motoholders subframe soon.

3. warclok

haha andddddddd...BAM

Attached Files:

LilBabyGirl and One2 like this.
  4. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Lol

My bike has cut a few people off on the inside a time or two. :)

5. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Is the power at the top pretty smooth? Bike seemed to have leaned out a bit just above 12k.

6. warclok

Have not ridden it yet, but I do look forward to it....

7. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. Didn't go above 14 and it came back down fairly quick.

Looks good.

You'll be spending a lot of time in between 12k and 14k in between gears on the straight.

warclok likes this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Them numbers aren't WERA legal. :Poke::D

warclok likes this.
  9. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

Nice Ruben!

warclok likes this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Take it off of any sweet jumps?

11. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

What kind of charger is that?

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

looks like you dont even have to shift with that torque curve! :D
    Any trick coatings or unobtanium? How is it tuned?

13. warclok

Shhhhhhh....don't tell anyone...[emoji12]

Thanks Vinny!!!!

I wish, I almost rode it on the street yesterday but decided to wait until it's warmer...[emoji20]

It's a full spectrum P2 battery charger....

Torque looks nice indeed. We tuned it using VP T4 with the option to use MR12. But the dyno is T4. There are a few unobtanium pieces I found recently actually...[emoji7]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboBlew and One2 like this.
  14. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

Been meaning to ask: How is the automatic suspension holding up for you on the track?

15. warclok

I actually have it on manual mode. The issue is, ERS settings only let you go up or down 5 clicks for rebound and compression, from a default A-1 or A-2 setting for example. But my baseline consists of reducing both of those by more than 5, so I cant run the rebound and compression where I want it if I do auto.

Therefore, I just run it manual, and to be honest it works just fine. I dont even think the suspension in auto mode can react fast enough on the track.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It seems like most of these electronically suspended bikes work better for street purposes but for racetrack use the tried and true old school approach is always best.

I'm sure they've got the technology to make electronic suspension work for the racetrack (shit they were using it in WSBK back in 2008, and subsequently banned)....

[​IMG]

...but the lions share of these bikes never make it onto a track so they design the suspension to be better equipped for street use right?

17. warclok

I agree with ya, the newest bikes, even with ERS are not ready for the track. This includes the Ducati S, the DDC BMW and the R1M. Maybe the WSBK spec ERS systems can handle the adjustments quick enough. I have even asked some detailed questions to yamaha but didnt get a response yet. I wanted them to give me an example of what exactly the ERS is doing when, for how long, how much time, etc.

So here is A-1 and A-2, and then my M-1 (manual baseline). As you can see I cant even come close to my M-1 baseline if I tried to adjust A-1 or A-2 (will only allow 5 clicks +/-). I rode it like that and the front was bouncing on corner entry while light trailing....no fun!!!

BTW, the lower the number is, the firmer the setting is. And you can see A-1 or 2 is very soft....

Attached Files:

18. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

So was the biggest price factor for the M due to the suspension?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That and the CF bodywork I'd imagine. Ever priced out the OEM bodywork for the "M"?

20. warclok

I personally got it for a few reasons. Originally this wasnt to be my track bike, but first time I rode it at the track, I was HOOKED. Such an easy bike to ride FAST.

M comes with ohlins forks and shock (missing ride height knuckle in the rear shock, can be installed as an R1M Ohlins Race Kit). Full CF fairings (took these off after 500 miles, and they are gorgeous to be honest). Bare aluminum tank and swinger (bare aluminum swinger is a HUGE plus, love the look of the Harris swingers). Comes with CCU for data acquirement, lap times, lean angle etc (also an option on the stock model). Numbered bike if your into that kind of thing, think im 67...