1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question about Indy

Discussion in 'General' started by Jack Brock, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

I've been every year except 2011 and have always stayed Downtown. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it until this week, so now I'm looking at Hotels, and there is nothing Downtown at this point. It looks like West out by Avon or North up by Carmel are my best options. We will be going to the Mile Saturday night as well. Anyone on here know Indy well enough to say what would be a better bet? TIA

2. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Carmel is about 30 minutes from Downtown/track. Not a lot of cheap hotels up there if that's what you're looking for.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Any burb in Indy is a pretty good place to stay, it's a fairly safe place especially as big as it is. Since you're coming from the west, hwy70? Plainfield/Avon is right on 70 and 15 minutes from the track. Brownsburg/Southport/Greenwood/Zionsville are all good places within 30 minutes from the track. Downtown is cool, being close to the action, but it sells out quick.

4. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Hotels

Look at Brownsburg... Right off 74, which turns into Crawfordville rd, which turns into 16th Street (the street the track is on). Super easy access, only 7 miles away. There is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn right next to highway. There is a Applebees and a BW3 within walking distance too

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Look out by the airport. I found the Hilton Garden Inn for $101 per night including all fees and taxes. I actually saved enough per night to pay for a cab for the Friday night get together.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Get 6-10 people together and rent an RV. Camp at the track. Best way to watch the races.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What he said... LOT 2 FTMFW!!!!!

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

:stupid:

I stay out there every year. Easy to get in and out...

But, I literally got the last room. I had to go through my corporate reservation number, and have them call direct to get a room.

9. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I just booked two rooms at the Ramada in east Indy for under $60 a night a few days ago. Probably not the nicest but all I need is a place to sleep & shower. I think it's about 13 miles from the Speedway but we stayed in that area in '08 & had no problem getting to & from the track. I booked it through Travelocity.