1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Pure Sportbikes, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Pure Sportbikes

Pure Sportbikes www.puresportbikes.com

Hi guys...Looking for a little help here.

I race CCS Mid-Atlantic, Atlantic, and a few SE and FL regional races.

I'm in VA, so Summit Point is closest to me. I saw that the national races are the weekend of July 31st there.

I want to know if I can just jump right in and race that weekend as a Novice?

I've been racing for about a year and have completed about 40 races under on 5 different tracks, or if I need to be a provisional Novice and race for two weekends before I can get my WERA novice license? Is that just for riders new to racing? Can someone hook me up and tell me the proper way to enter.

Also, I'd probably just do the sprints, so I am assuming that I can enter C, B, and A SS and SB classes on my ZX6R?

Thx!

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

familiarize yourself...there's a lot to cover.
    http://maps.wera.com/rulebook/?x=1098

to answer your questions, according to the rulebook...
    - no, you can't just jump right in. as a ccs rider, you must obtain a wera license to participate.
    - go to "home" on the rulebook page then look for "forms", new membership. wera doesn't recognize the ccs license for participation in its events but, i believe it does recognize it as a qualifying agent for racing experience.
    - yes, you can ride those classes.

heads ups...
    - pay particular attention to chapter 8, paragraph 2. you have some safety wiring to do.
    - an AMB Tran X 260 transponder is required, available for rent or purchase.
    - your snell approved helmet can not have been manufactured more than five years ago.
    - everything's in the rulebook.

hope you have a good time.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, no problem running at Summit that weekend, it's a combined National/Sportsman event too so you'll be running as a Novice against mainly regional guys.

You've been racing as a Novice so you're a Novice with us too. PN is only for people with no experience at all. You've got the classes correct.