1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions for you 2 stroke guru's

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by ToddClark, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

thanks for the tips Rob. :up: hopefully i'll remember all this stuff when i get it out on the track. :up:

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Copy an dprint it out old man. You'll never remeber it, you depends and your geritol.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

:
    Makes ya wonder what a TZ250 engined kart is like..... :wow:

80Hp would be a hoot. :clap:

We have an indoor kart track here in Cincy, with 9HP 4 stroke "Euro" karts, it's a total BLAST to do a session. JESUS do they corner!!! :up:

4. ToddClark

i cannot fathom what a kart with a TZ250 motor would be like :eek:

5. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

:eek:

Kart guys have too much money...

8. ToddClark

that is bad ass, T!!!!!

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Go to youtube and search gixxer kart...baddass

10. NickCesar

NickCesar Member

ha, the gixxer kart and similar just burn up tires way too quickly.

on the topic of seat height, since a kart doesn't have suspension linkages I'm pretty sure the "roll center" is on the ground. The roll center is the pivot point for a lever arm formed between the middle of the tire and the roll center and the roll center and the center of gravity. Raising the seat height 2.5" could definitely have a large impact because the center of gravity is so low to begin with the percentage it increased by is probably significant and will result in noticeably increased lateral load transfer, which is usually a bad thing but since you dont have a diff apparently you want to "tricycle" the thing. Maybe someone with more kart experience (read "any") could comment?

11. ToddClark

Nick, i only raised the seat about an inch higher than what it was.

Im sure those that have given advice have some pretty good kart experience. Besides, i have zero plans of racing this thing, just playing around with it. Hell, it might be for sale pretty soon.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Another thing that can help make it handle if you want to play with it. Kart seats typically attach to the bottom with two bolts and the side with two bolts. Then you can also add seat struts that go from higher up on the side of the seat back to the bearing hangers where the axle bolts to the chassis. I ran two seat struts on each side on my kart as well as the other bolts.

There was a certain model of track magic chassis that only worked well when you attached the seat struts and the bottom bolts but left the other side seat attachment bolts out. They called it floating the seat.

Good Luck and since you mentioned you probably won't race I would only mess with this stuff if you are getting really bad hop or bicycling (cornering on only the two outside wheels).

13. ExSRAaron

ExSRAaron Well-Known Member

14. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

let me ride it first.:D

15. stickboy274

That will end badly

16. ToddClark

gonna try to get it to a big industrial parking lot this weekend/Sunday. :D

17. stickboy274

I'll look for updates on the local news site

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Stickboy, should we bet on whether he backs it in to a curb and bends an axle or pushes wide and clips the front spindle? :) :D

19. stickboy274

I think he has it in him to regret the new higher center of gravity and flips it.

20. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

i bet you can make it two laps at barber before they get a road block setup.:up: