1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on trailers in Georgia

Discussion in 'General' started by mikek, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

talking to a guy about a trailer for sale, he says:

"due to the gross weight of the trailer no title is issued by the State of Georgia (the bill of sale is all that would be required to register it to a new owner)"

anybody know if this is correct?

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

When I registered my trailers, all I needed was a bill of sale. Make sure that the VIN number is documented correctly.

You won't get a title; just the tag receipt.

This was for both an open three rail trailer, as well as a 7x12 single axle enclosed trailer.

3. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

My dad gave me his old trailer that had been sitting unused for 5 years. I rebuilt it with new wood and tires and claimed it was home made to avoid dealing with past due taxes. You'll have to get a cop to come out an inspect the trailer. The deputy that came to inspect mine didn't even look at the trailer, just signed the papers and chatted about bikes. take that form back and get a serial number/tag and registration

4. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

I just bought a new 7x16 trailer. I got the certificate of origin from the dealer and presented it to the tag office for a tag. They sent it in and I received a title for it in the mail a few weeks later....

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Small trailers - no title, just registration. I've got no title for any of my open trailers even the 18' car hauler. Same for smaller enclosed.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I just recently went through this crap with registering a Georgia trailer in North Carolina. You'll need the certificate of origin and proof of consequetive ownership. Basically you need the bill of sale from the seller and the bill of sale when he purchased the trailer. All of it needs to be notarized.

In case you have to educate the dimwits at the DMV like I did you can print the title requirements for the state of Georgia online (trailers 2000 lbs or less do not need a title) and refer the DMV agent to the "Polk Manual" which I did not find online. Good luck

7. marshall92

marshall92 Keith D. Marshall

Does Anyone have an ENCLOSED Trailer for sale? I need one.

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Check the classified section, but found this on first page
    FS 01 Haulmark Trailer

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

trailer forsale

Do you want a 28 foot tag along Haulmark racehauler?

[email protected]

10. marshall92

Thanks...

Probably cant afford the 28 footer, But I'd love it!

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I've got a 6x12 that I'm going to sell. I was waiting until I cleared a little more garage space to move my project bikes in. It's a 1999 Haulmark, grey, wheel chocks, e-track, ramp door, spare tire, and jack. It could stand some exterior beautification. $1500.

12. marshall92