1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Mongo

Discussion in 'General' started by ARCHILLE, Apr 19, 2007.

1. ARCHILLE

ARCHILLE Apex Chaser

Sean,

Having seen how racing was for Heavyweight Solo 20 during the recent Vegas' WERA West round, the Heavyweight Twins racers realized their is no way in hell they could be competitive in that race. Can you restructure the class so we won't be grid-filler. :)

2. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Hwt are still only racing Hwt right?

3. ARCHILLE

ARCHILLE Apex Chaser

Technically, it's HWT against HWT but we're talking twins and Inline-4. The A-SS/A-SB/Formula 1 regulars typically run 1:19s, some under/some over, while very few HWT racers managed to break into 1:22s (OK, I know 1 that got down into the 1:20s on his fully built 999R superbike.)

It would be so much more fun if we can be more competitive.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:tut: :tut: :tut:

:D

:Pop:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, no reason to make another class sorry.

6. LVDJC

LVDJC Well-Known Member

Hey Archille,
    You can race with us middleweight guys. We could use your grid filling Aprilla with us. :D :Poke:

7. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

My friend Amber did pretty well on her 749 against the HWT in vegas.

8. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

"Turn right wrist" comes to mind...

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Dude, I passed HWT's in practice like they were tied to a boat anchor. This was a Talladega at all places... This ain't "turn right wrist" type of deal. This more of a "No right wrist will make up a 50lbs. extra and 50BHP deficit" deal.

Until people start running the 1098's, there ain't no way a 1000cc twin will run with a 1000cc I-4. :)

I agree with Mongo though. No real point of another class especially considering the HWT class isn't usually that big anyways.

10. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

This is meant to be a serious question and not a smartass one, I take the riding portion seriously.

Why would anyone enter a non-competitive bike in a race?

Another class wasn't created for Kawasaki, Honda, and Yamaha to run their 750s. They just got out.

Serious question?

11. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

check ze classifieds for ze inline 4. yes?

:D

12. ARCHILLE

ARCHILLE Apex Chaser

...Amber is a pretty cool racer.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Two reasons that I can see.

First, track time. If you can get some extra laps while doing a solo 20, so be it.

Second would have to be, because you can. :) This is club racing, and I think to most club racers it is more important to have fun, than how well they finish. Let's face it, most people racing WERA are not going to go any farther than a National WERA event. {Nothing wrong with that btw.} Lucky few have the resources to go to AMA. So whenever you're battling for 1st or 25th, I think it's more about the fun factor than actual results. Then again, it might just be me.

As for, why would you enter a known non-competetive machinery and then complain about it? I do not know. :D

14. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

The first 3/4 of your post I agree with, but seems to contradict the original poster.

The last paragraph was the same question I asked.

I don't think you should run a piece of shit bike in a race and then complain that your bike isn't competitive. Where would be the incentive for manufactures to improve their products?

I'm probably way out of line here, because I don't know shit about real racing. Where is a pros opinion?

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:stupid:

As long as I have some folks to race with the position isn't that important, especially if I'm bumping up a class. But sometimes I end up out there all by myself and start hearing "Going the distance" in my helmet. :D

16. ARCHILLE

ARCHILLE Apex Chaser

Hey Smart-alex, what gave you the idea I am complaining, worse of all, doing something as childish as "enter a known non-competive machinery and then complain about it".

You do know why there is an A, B, C classification exist, right?! Wanna ride the track for fun, go to trackdays. Yes, you can perceive the Solo 20 as a practice that is fine for you but the last time I checked it is refered to as a race. In a race, you enter to compete not to ride around.

My original question was directed toward Sean as a suggestion/request from an active member, not as a complaint. Sean answered the question. End of discussion on that subject as far as racing WERA is concern.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

just so you know, posting ANYTHING on here will get you opinions you weren't looking for. better use email next time..............

18. ARCHILLE

ARCHILLE Apex Chaser

Thanks for the notice!!! (It's not so much that I don't like or appreciate other people's opinions, they entitle to them, of course, I wish people give their opinions a bit more thought before putting it out there. Anyway, it's all good!!! :) See you guys out there!!!)

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

one reason to race a 'non-competitive' bike is...winning makes the rest of the competition look, um, non-competitive. :D

fastfreddie

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some opinions you get are firmly tongue in cheek and some are cutting and will not be what you want to hear. To put it bluntly, you're going to get sh@t.

You're talking with a pack of jackyls and you're wearing milkbone underwear and if you show weakness, they'll eat you alive. Smack one on the nose with a rolled up newspaper (wit) and show you have thick skin, you'll be fine and eventually become pack of the pack.

You have to remember, almost every question you can think of has been asked and probably asked 50 times. What's the best oil? Can I run Mr. Bubble instead of water in my cooling system? Can I bring a sandwich to the track?

Now, make me a cup of coffee and fetch me the paper.