1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about tire warmers.

Discussion in 'General' started by chalyror6, Feb 22, 2009.

1. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

i need to purchase some but would like some input on what brand. i like the chickenhawks and woodcraft,but their expensive.the tiresox dont seem bad but they only have one temp range.

2. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Youre first two options are the best. Stick with them or you will regret it later.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

seriously, do people even know what a SEARCH function is on message boards anymore?

4. mq105

mq105 Well-Known Member

Yeah, CHs, or Woodcraft.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

They also keep their resale value so if you decide to get out of racing/doing trackdays (like lots do because of costs) you'll only lose a hundred bucks on the outcome. Great warmers. I have a set of tyrsox as back-ups and have been using my Suzukas for years.

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Do a search... this was discussed at length recently.

Seems Sumotomo came up as a WERA BBS favorite. I kid.. I kid.

Do the search.

7. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

sorry , i ride

not much time to be a nerd

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Nope

9. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

thanks

your input is very helpful

10. STT-Rider

A couple of us who mentioned the "Search" ride a little. I only managed about 50 days on-track last year...

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Yeah, but arent you some sort of metalurgy tech? Super Nerd!

:D

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

A what function?:crackup:

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

People should Google "posting and you" and click the first link. It has to do with the search function on Forums.

14. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Aren't you the one asking for advice?

15. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

sorry I asked...

If idiots like me didn't post, there would be no threads to search for.

Does it bother you that much that I posted a question? I'm just a fellow racer looking for some simple advice.

Thanks to you that actually posted some tire warmer advice, it's already been helpful.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Woodcraft or CH, that is the answer to all your warmers questions. I prefer the Woodcrafts.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Don't worry about Todd. He measuring your experience with his yard stick. Sometimes we as experienced racers need to step back and remember what it was like to start out with tons of questions and not to mention the pressure of starting your first race.

18. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

T-2's. Love mine. DDrT is cool too. Great customer service and takes care of us.

19. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

LOL, i guess youre correct, but as he stated himself, rather than be the "idiot" asking redundant questions, i guess i was a bit smarter than that and actually used the search function on the boards. THEN, i would ask a question, but only if i couldnt find the answer there first.

20. STT-Rider

I think "nerd" might be a bit harsh. I perfer to say that I am well versed in the subject.. so much so that it makes me a.. umm well.. ok a nerd! LOL!!