1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about 95 ZX-6R

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Uncle Jesse, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Uncle Jesse

Uncle Jesse Well-Known Member

I am about to buy a 1995 ZX-6R for a track bike. I've never owned a kwakker nor have I wanted to, but I'm getting a smokin' deal and I'm broke. Just wanted to know if there's anything I should watch for, or if you guys know any cool speed or handling tricks. It was a full on SS race bike at some point, so it already has all the obvious race goodies. Thanks for the help.

2. rcrider

rcrider Factory Wannabe

smokin deal

Yeah, just make sure that "smokin' deal" doesn't equal "VIN removed from frame" or stolen.

3. Uncle Jesse

picked it up today and it looks really good, but is the VIN always written in crayon on kwakkers?

4. rcrider

rcrider Factory Wannabe

funny

yes! every one I've seen so far! Good luck on it.

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

hey i have some race body work laying around the hsp for that bike, new if your interested!

6. Uncle Jesse

preciate it, but the body is good and will hopefully stay that way!

7. Barry

Barry EAT ME simple enough

bodywork

handicapper,
    What year ZX6R is the B/W for??
    do you have pictures?

8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Cool, i'm in the middle of restoring a '95-ZX6R back to trackworthy status, myself. Should be interesting since I haven't ridden a 600 I4 since, oooh, about 1993:eek: :confused: :eek: .
    I'm gonna suggest that if you need any parts or info, go over to www.kawiforums.com . it's the best 6R board i've found.
    BTW, Handicapped Raceer, just what have you got for bodywork? Mines wearing full sharkskinz but the upper could be better.
    Cheers, Lee S.

9. Uncle Jesse

I was looking for a site like that, thanks:)

10. ValuCycle

ValuCycle Well-Known Member

Here is a pic of my '95. I have a spare rear wheel and spare front rotors if you need them.
    Tim

11. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Great, thanks. I don't need them at this time and this is sort of a low budget build up (i'm poor too:)). If I was racing and not just building a track-ho, i'd jump on 'em but I have to sort some other stuff first.
    I do have a question, though. Did you run the standard size 160 rear or jump up to a 170? Mine's currently wearing some well shagged D207GP's in a 120/70 front and a 170 rear, neither of which are stock sizes but the bike was computracked and set up with the sweet #'s with this combo.
    Cheers, Lee S.

12. Handicapped Racer

I'll take some pictures today and post them! if that ok with you all!

13. Handicapped Racer

any one interested in this body work, it's air tech and if you wold like to see this body work please shoot me a pm with a e-mail address. i don't know how to reduce the pic to post them here so i will have to e-mail you all

14. Uncle Jesse

I could use a double bubble, tach, & temp gauge if you have them.

15. Handicapped Racer

I'm sorry i just have the body work