1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q for the AHRMA people

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RRP, Oct 15, 2021.

1. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Its not just you. Its all of us! Look at social media. It would all be easier if we all stopped posting! hahahaha

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

daytona anybody ?

TLR67 likes this.
  3. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I'm trying to decided if I want to start the season with that much motor abuse on my RZ.

cyclocrossfool likes this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I was just having that f2/f3 conversation last weekend about eligibility.
    I've never raced with Ahrma and a friend was asking me to look at taking my old r6 out next season
    I figured it was a given that the f3 would be eligible,but was told only the f2.

5. cyclocrossfool

after a couple hours i think im off the idea. too early, too far, too much like you say “abuse” i think ill wait for the wera schedule to come out and if theres not much in the spring - ahrma kershaw

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It's not about the performance difference between the F2/F3, it's about the year. You add 95, what other bikes does that bring in? F3 went to 98. Now you have people saying that 98 F3's are legal, why aren't 98 GSXR/ZX/etc's.

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yet they are same bike.
    I think the whole deal all rolled into one is in order to give people with older bikes a place to race without adding a bike that is head and shoulders above what's all ready allowed is the question.
    My point is there are more F3s sitting in garages not being raced and they would like to race ARHMA.
    But what I'm seeing is nobody actually knows what type of modified bikes are being raced now.
    Now is we talking about super sport rules I see a difference between an f2 and f3 performance.
    But these are superbike rules so that all goes away. I have an f2 sitting on my trailer right now that is a good bike. Has flatslides and 2mm over engine with cams and aftermarket ignition system.
    And it makes more power than my F3.
    And I will see it reasonable.
    Lol. Let's just race and have fun.

Steven

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That seems like a reasonable argument, but ignorance of the individual differences makes many people just rely on the year cut-off since it is easy and concrete. Otherwise you have to rely on the "like model" clause and somebody has to determine when the differences add up to a new model. Then, given that the process in AHRMA takes rules proposals to the board for approval and not all of the board members are roadracers then you have people who may be unfamiliar with the subtleties of model changes having to vote on approval. It may be easier to just go by the year and if people want to race a 600 in that class, they need to start with an F2. There isn't a shortage of them.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I dunno gents, but from a nuetral perspective here, it appears a good question was asked.....and a straightforward answer was given.

It also appears that some did not like the straightforward answer.....just a thought.

Stick seems to be thinking about this in the proper perspective.

As far as the F2 / F3 deal, its was a BIG step recently to allow the F2's.....I think they are seeing how that goes before tweaking it.

Just nuetral input here

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. ToofPic

I have no dog in the fight.Burns was asking if I want to race the r6 with Ahrma,and I brought up the f3,and he said no dice.
    I can't afford to race 2 bikes anyway.It will also probably take me months to get the f3 even prepped.

11. cyclocrossfool

what are the differences between the f2 and 3? ive never owned either. but ive been recently racing a 90 fzr600. ahrma allows up to 99 in next gen mw. uscra P4 is to year 1990 but allows up to 99 fzr600 too. so theresno difference between my 1990 and a 99? im for a hard cut off date and no “like” models

12. ToofPic

In SS form,the f3 was better/ faster in my opinion.
    The "98 f3 was best once again my opinion.
    So would my 2001 r6 even be eligible for Ahrma?

CR750 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our stuff is better, mostly because of how cute I am.

:crackup:

SpeedWerks Racing and ToofPic like this.
  14. cyclocrossfool

doesnt look it, unless they come out with a next gen 2 middleweight?

ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yes I would agree 100%.
    Now where this goes away is it superbike rules and with same parts on either an F2 or F3 power is same.
    Front wheel of f2 is heavier. 94 f2 had cartage forks and so did 98.
    Same size.
    The swingarm pivot bolt is bigger on f3 and radiator is a little bigger. Pretty much it.
    So with super bike rules both bikes are pretty much equal.
    But there are a few for sale out there.
    In fact I have a legal 91 F2 superbike bike I'd sell reasonable. Lol
    Won't have to wait and see if f3 are made legal.
    And it's a solid bike. with all the work done.
    Just need cosmetic stuff done.
    PM me for photos and details.

Steven

ToofPic likes this.
  16. ToofPic

Thank you Steven
    I'm probably gonna focus on the r6 in Wera,and hopefully slowly getting the f3 also up in Wera.
    I would love!! To have your bike but I got too many irons in the fire and a malt liquor budget :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Re Lightweight rules, when asked, IMO...."Do what the other org's are doing, keep it symmetrical and get 'possible' crossover racers."
    CCS/WERA do this to a point. I just think AHRMA and all roadracing (not killed by Sean) would benefit from a cognate set of rules.

Sean from the 90's with no drama;
    *Honda Hawks and Air cooled Ducati 750’s, 250cc 2-stroke GP replica machines (TZR, NSR, RGV, etc..), Aprilia Cup, and Triumph Thruxton, are allowed but limited to Superstock mods, no Ducati Supermono. 250cc GP machines are not allowed.
    Keep it simple and the more the merrier...

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

To some degree I think AHRMA wants to keep things as vintage as possible. They have enough modern stuff with the Sound of Thunder classes. I was up against some current big Ducatis and 675s in those classes. Maybe the inline fours from the 90's are still a little too modern...

19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I watch lap times at tracks I know for a guide. I chose vintage because once I have bike built the rules dont change to make it obsolete like when. I raced 600 SS in 90s.
    Desire to go fast as gone down with age.
    Body has given me signs that im.just nith physically going to go fast safely much longer.
    That's why I'm putting my VfR 750 back together. It's a personal project I've let sit way to long and ignored it.
    So if I can race it and be competitive then I will do my best.
    If not I'm doing wheelies and put on a show like Fred Merkel did.
    I had 3 stints put in my heart in July and kinda woke me up to things I've let sit.
    So this is one I'm going to finish and race or at least show off.
    Vintage lap times are not that fast and the guys are a great group to hang out with.
    I would like to see more vintage guys on grid.
    So find a class that affordable and go have fun.
    Have I said I have a F2 superbike for sale reasonable? Lol
    I mean I would make someone a heck of a deal.

Steven

ToofPic and cyclocrossfool like this.
  20. ToofPic

Damnit Kevin !! You ain't helping my 2 old bikes that don't fit in any class!! :D
    I have a 2015 gsxr 1k that also isn't competitive..or at least with me on it.
    It does pull sweet woolies!!
    Then there's the Hardly Movingson.. Probably a class for that hunk of shit :Poke:

VFR#52 likes this.