1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putnam Endurance 6/2...Who wants a ride?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Greg Gabis, May 25, 2001.

1. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

We're looking for a fourth rider for the Putnam 4-hr.

The bike is a GS500. The riders are novices, but we're Putnam regulars and know the track.

You pay a 4th of fees, tires, fuel. Would be nice if you brought crew.

We're not the fastest, but we're safe and looking to have a lot of fun.

2. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

Hey Greg,

This is Brandon I am a friend of Shane and Tony's. After Sat morning practice I will try to help out on the crew side. K?

(I am pitting next to Emerge Racing) [​IMG]

See ya there

3. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Hey Brandon! This is Jason, we exchanged posts a few times on the BBS a while back, I'm usually on a Fizzer when it isn't in pieces [​IMG]

Anyhow, I'm one of the three (along with Greg and Tony) riders... Sure, we'll use the crew help, but if you think you want to ride, let Greg, Tony or I know. (Unless Tony says your dangerous! [​IMG] )

4. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

Hey Greg,I might be interested.E-mail your number or e-mail for mine.I'm a putnam regular as well. Thanks, Todd

5. NewRacer

I think Todd just beat me to the punch.. but either way I will be there for pit action or for saddle action.

If you still need a rider let me know. (if Tony gives me the go [​IMG] )

Brandon

6. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

Brandon,you should do the endurance.It's a great way to get more seat time. [​IMG]

7. wera176

Brandon and Tattoo Guy, Greg is at Nelson Ledges this weekend running in a Fasttrax Event. I have no doubt he will contact both of you when he returns, but in the meantime if you have any questions, etc, feel free to email me.

Thanks!

8. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Yo dudes,

I sent you both my contatc information.

Both the bike and I survived the paved motocross course. We had a lot of fun and things went well. Should be a good time for Putnam.

It doesn't matter to me who is the fourth. Also, you never know what can happen to the rest of the team between now and then.

You can contact me via phone or email and I'll give you the details.

9. NewRacer

Greg,

check your mail

B

10. NewRacer

Hey Jason,

How is it going? I am finish the clear coat on my "new Walmart number plates" tonight and loading the trailer tomorrow night. I am getting excited already.

I wrote Greg.... I might be riding with you unless you have someone else already. If you do, I will be in the pits for ya..... [​IMG]

How is the Fizzer now?

B

11. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

Greg, I went to nelson for the 3 hour on a grey NSR 250, My first time at nelsen. I couldn't believe the weather cleared up for us. Which number/bike were you on?

12. wera176

The Fizzer is still dead.... [​IMG] Still waiting on the crank from APE. I hope to have it back together and running by the next Putnam weekend.

CYA this weekend!

13. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Number 223
    GS500
    We were pitted 3 spots down from you (towards the tower).

I saw that funny lookin 2-smoke. "Hmm," I thought. "That's no 125 and not a full on 250 GP. Wait a minute, that's Nicoloff!"

That's when someone told me it was an NSR.

Cool.

We finished (yay!) 5th in class and 15th overall. I know you finished ahead of us, but I can't remember if it was 4th or third.

14. Go Karter

Go Karter Well-Known Member

Put me in coach! I wanna race! Corse, I got this one bad eye, and, well ever since I got that twitch in my other eye it gits kinda hard to see sum times, but I know I can do it!! Well... I may need someone to float me the money. Is it ok if my dog rides with me, he likes to race too. I can only ride for about 10 minutes at a time because I will have to pee after that long, and well, I havn't rode a motor cickle in a long time, well maybe I should just watch, oh, wait I don't know if I can get a pass to get out that weekend. I'll check with the doctors and let you know. GOOD LUCK! [​IMG]

15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Was your number 413?

I was on Gregs bike the last hour & near the very end I was dicing with a two stroke, we must have passed each other 4 or 5 times. That bike is fast!! Anyway, it was a blast. Thanks to Greg & Joe & crew [​IMG]

16. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Fourth rider found! Thanks.

17. NewRacer

Who is the 4th Greg?

18. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Hmm... That would be a long time ago probably. I imagine I'm somewhere around the millionth Greg. Or at least on that order of magnatude.

Maybe one of the Crusties would know who the 4th Greg is. [​IMG]

19. NewRacer

I wish the 4th would have broke the mold now!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

Play nice now, or

[soup nazi vioce] no beer for you! [/soup nazi voice]

[​IMG]

Just about done...
    All that's left is change the oil and filter and run to town for refreshments for the weekend [​IMG]