1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchase Decision Help..

Discussion in 'General' started by Schitzo42, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

So I'm thinking about re-doing the Master Bath in the house. Does anyone have any recommendation on Toilets or Bidets? Should I go with an American Standard or Kohler? Standard or Elongated seat? One piece or two piece? Do you think I should have a normal seat on the thing, or maybe one of those high tech Brondell heated, warm water washing self cleaning things? Maybe just a normal padded seat. If I get the warm water washing one do I also need to get a Bidet too or would just the toilet be ok?

-steve

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Get the highest pressure bidet that money can buy. Trust me on this one.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR HOW YOU KNOW THIS!!!!!!

4. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Do not get a padded seat. I don't know why, but those things are just too weird. My grandparents had a padded seat in their bathroom when I was a kid, and it was always kinda weird sitting on that thing. :D

As for what TO get, I suggest making a step up to the toilet, and making the wall behind it rounded, as well as putting a spotlight directly above it, and then painting the thing gold. Then it will truly be your "throne". :D Oh, and don't forget the plasma on the wall across from it, as well as a telephone jack. :up:

5. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

All you need is one thing...a rope

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

For the master bath, yes, but for the guest or hall bath I say they're the best. They are very uncomfortable, especially during the humid summer months, and discourage guests from dropping trou in your house and stinking up the place.

7. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Huh, good point. Get extra padding in the guest bath seat then. :up:

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

You just need to go to your local home improvement store and take them all for a "test run". Make sure you fuel up the tank with Taco Bell first to give it a true test.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If you can afford it, buy Toto.

10. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

A few years ago, there was a radio guy that tried this as a prank in a Home Depot, and a lady called the police, and he got arrested for public indecency! :D That was pretty funny. He spent the night in the slammer.

11. bkkruser

bkkruser Well-Known Member

master bath all depends 2500 to spend 40,000 to spend. i dont understand it myself its a place to take a crap what ever works at the best price some baths look like a spa when was the last time you had guest in your masterbath or threw a party in one.when was the last time you walked in to a bath and stated oh look a kholer?save your money buy beer:beer: :D or another bike :up: spend more time on those subjects than you do in the shitter. good luck with the reno

12. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Kohler, many price points and a great product. (From Wisconsin, of course! ;) )

We put the cheapest toilet Kohler offers in the shop, and it rocks. I think it could flush a brick. (I don't know this, because Mark says won't poop here) :crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Werd.

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Some slow ass people up in here.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hence the need for a padded toilet seat. :Poke:

17. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We went with "ShowHouse" which IIRC is Moen's higher-end stuff for fixtures.

Toilets.. Kohler low profile throughout. Not the real high-end stuff.. I mean jeez they are gonna get sh#t in and pissed in/on any way! I test drove the toilets in the supply place, comfort is important!

Saw a cool shower with like a zillion spray nozzles all over the place, I'm afraid to go into the thing!

I like a nice bathroom but it's got to be easy to clean and the less polished stuff the better.. fingerprints and dust..

Funny thing is, we were in a plumbing supply place where you could spend $30.000+ in a single bath... In their bathroom.. basic american standard 2-pc in white.

18. shill00

shill00 Well-Known Member

Well Plumbing is our business......

I sell lots of Moen & Kohler.

Both are good brands.
    Kohler has a higher price tag on most of their stuff in comparison to Moen.

Moen is what I put in my personal home with Kohler toilets. (Moen doesn't make toilets)

If you're a big pooper...that clogs toilets American Standard makes a toilet called Champion. You can flush 16 cloth napkins down it.

For Toilets, I'd also recommend High Rise & Elongated bowls.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Get a USG bucket from the construction dumpster up the street (and make sure yo get the lid). Spend the $$$ you would have wasted on stupid crap on something important; Hookers and booze.

as for the bidet, they're ghey. Want to spray you bunger with water? Pay the hooker to spray your butthole with the garden hose.

Or pee in a gatorade bottle, who cares.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Definitely go high rise, more comfortable, easier to stand back up and gives you better bracing position. Unless you're really short of course.
    I'm 6'6", I always go for the handicapped stalls at work because it's so tough to get up off the shorter units in the regular stalls, not to mention my knees are in my face and the stall is so small you have to stand beside the toilet to open the door to get out. Lots of room in those handicapped stalls. And we don't have any handicapped people working there anyway (out of 750 employees, go figure).