1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Employee Unions in WI and the Holocaust

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by DrA5, Feb 17, 2011.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The Jewish community, heck EVERYONE, should be disgusted and offended that a few members of the Teachers union are equating Gov Walker's budget proposal with the Holocaust. As if paying more towards insurance and pension is the same as persecution of an entire faith and killing 6 million people. Hypocriscy laid out right in front of you.

Where is all the media coverage with pundits screaming about the use of “cross hairs” and dictatorship? I would like my liberal friends, and there are a lot of you out there, to look at this. This is how you are being represented.

Teachers and other public unions, I dont like anyone having to have less discretionary income, I really do. But please watch your tactics. Keep them professional, you are an educated group. Emotional and very inflammatory rhetoric is only backfiring. Newspaper public opinion polls have a slight majority in favor of Walker's proposal. Pulling kids out of school without the parent's permission, work stoppages, etc will not help your cause.

Video here of the protests at the State Capitol:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wisgop#p/u/3/71gsnLfsbbM

Gov Walker has a proposal in regards to the out of control budget deficit he was left by his predecessor, Democratic Gov Diamond Jim Doyle. The proposal eliminates Collective Bargaining by public employee unions. Basically, the teachers will need to pay $89 a month towards their health insurance, possibly take a 10% pay cut and have less contributed towards their pension from taxpayers.

2. DrA5

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Fuggen people. I've been reading about the holocaust since high school. For some reason it intrigues me. I have no idea how humans can be so shitty to other humans.

4. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

If they are slaves, emancipate them. Problem solved.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Uh, no.

It's nearly a $200 something increase in health insurance premium contribution, and roughly a 18% pay cut for my wife, who is a teacher in Wisconsin.

We've spent upwars of $20,000 on her education so that she could become a teacher after obtaining a marketing degree after high school. She had a 'calling' or whatever you want to call it. We knew she would never get rich teaching. All we expetced was a somewhat stable job and decent benefits.

Walker could address the budget woes without having to dismantle collective bargaining. There have been official statements from union leaders stating that they accept the financial cotributions put forth in the bill, they only want to retain their right to collectively bargain.

I guess the best way to solve the state's budget issue is to pay for off the backs of people making middle class wages. My wife made 22 grand last year.

The massive tax loopholes for corparations and the wealthiest 3% remain, as pointed out by the Milwaukee Journal last week.

Seems fair.

As far as the holocaust stuff, that's unacceptable. I was in Madison Tuesday and saw nothing of the sort.

6. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

welcome to the real world.

7. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Is she full time or a sub?

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

$22K pay for a teacher. WTF?? That's awefully low.

9. DrA5

I am not aware of each individual situation, I was just told of the overall impact which was to include state employees to start contributing 5% to their pensions and 12 percent towards health premiums, which was stated to now be about 5 percent. The info I had noted a comparison that the average Wisconsinite pays about 20 percent of his premium. As I noted Scotty, I dont like anyone having to do more with less.

I do think the very emotional signs that were seen in the video were from the minority. At least I hope so.

10. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

And these are the folks with basically the most influence on our youth.... Great.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If she doesn't like it then go work somewhere else. Until then, they agreed to a job and should have their asses at work or get fired. Calling in sick to gto protest? Buh bye. There is no reason teachers should be getting a 100% free ride on benefits and the rest. Hell, they only have to cover standardized tests anyway.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not even close to the most. TV has more. Their peers have way more. Their parents should have more. Especially if they're in a school where they change classes.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Watch a movie called "The Grey Zone". They have been showing it on cable recently. A brutal holocaust movie that stars of all people David Arquette (who is excellent). It is a true story about the uprising at Auschwitz.

Then watch "The Boy In the Striped Pajama's". I watched it once and honestly don't think I could watch it again.

And these are just movie descriptions of the horror's that people do to each other.

14. STT-Rider

I was indeed thinking Elementary school. My teachers and my parents were by far the most influeincal figures in my during that period. Electronic media where it is now and we didn't have video games. Hard to lean bad habits from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and Gilligans Island.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, things have changed a wee bit. My parents were by far my largest influence, seems however these days more and more expect others to do the job for them.

16. DrA5

17. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

thank you

18. STT-Rider

I undrstand the corporate stuff but where are these massive individual loopholes. Last time I checked, the rate was 35% for the upper bracket. Are we calling the 4% Bush cut a massive loophole?

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

As a kid in the 60's, my parents were too busy doing their thing and I wasn't what you would call an A student.

My coaches were always my biggest influence. And that is why today I am a high school coach. I can influence these kids in a positive way but I don't have to deal with all the crap in the classroom.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

My big brothers and coaches were big influences on my life growing up. My brothers would screw up and get that asses whooped by Dad and I would make mental notes on why they forced the ass whoopin. :D