1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psalm 46: Jesus of Tavullia Reborn

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Oh my.

condon66 likes this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

And? Winning one race and three podiums means the bike should have won a championship? What did Stoner's former race winning and former championship runner up teammate do on it in 2008?

I'm certain the greatest of all time should be able to at least do half of what Stoner did in 2011. I mean Stoner won 3 races, put it on the podium 9 times and took 4 pole positions in 2010.

The Ducati was a piece of shit the entire time Stoner was on it.

Robby-Bobby and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. So, you're saying that Capirossi won and podiumed with a bike that was a piece of shit?

Ok :rolleyes:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stoner didn't dominate on that bike against the same competition :D

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

fixtit4ya

50Joe likes this.
  6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

the bike had a massive power advantage. and didn't it still have tires tailored to it specifically at that point?

7. Yes. Ducati lost the tire advantage in 2008.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes he totally dominated Rossi's Ducati performances.

Plus he dominated on a Honda too, and per many people those Honda's don't handle very well either. Marquez is just so amazing he makes it look like Honda has been good, just like Stoner did on the Ducati and Honda.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"Those dudes on the beeb are STILL talking about me."

[​IMG]

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

IIRC, it had a power advantage but was a bit of an ill handling pig. And ya, they were working directly with Bridgestone because no one else wanted the 'Stones.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, this thread was totally necessary. It looks completely different from the one it replaces. :crackup:

Robby-Bobby and Bruce like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

50Joe, bleacht and BigBird like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hey..He likes the new bike, so I must say it worked :D

14. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

You guys crack me up with the bickering over who's better! :crackup:They're all better... than any of us. Well I am holding out hope my phone rings and Herve is on the other end!

Boman Forklift and SPL170db like this.
  15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Compared to the 2006 machine and the rest of the factory bikes on the grid, yes, it was a piece of shit. Where did Capi finish in the championship? For fucks sake, both Suzuki's finished in front of Capirossi :crackup:

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What updating, that he hasn't won a championship in 8 years?

I agree, for me it's just like making fun of people that always talk about how great the Patriots are and how they didn't cheat, or people that are super right wing, or super left wing. I give them crap too.

Bruce likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Its the same like all the yo-yo's that bicker and bitch about their favorite football teams. Buy all their favorite team/player's merchandise etc etc, meanwhile the players they idolize couldn't care less if any one of them lived, died or had gender reassignment surgery. All they care about is you handing over your money to them.

I may catch heat for this but for example I think one of the lamest things a guy could do is wear another man's jersey/name emblazoned across his upper back.

Bruce likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The jerseys I have that I paid for all say Mongo and are number 00.

Bruce likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's true he hasn't won another MGP title in his 30s, but he's not done yet, and having 9 before 31, is still impressive. Since 2015 , he has 3 more race wins, a bunch more podiums, and more GP starts.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Is that a Jordan logo on the side of your bike? :Poke: