1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proud of your heritage? GTFO!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by prospected, Jan 29, 2015.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

2. ped

ped Banned

im sure there's not more to the story...

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She was supposed to wait until February.

4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Not sure if I am buying this...

Teachers teaching and the students interested and participating? Really?

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Maybe the teachers were members of the New Black Panther Party coming in armed and trying to instigate an uprising. I mean damn, a classroom of middle school students all riled up and ready to riot is a sight to behold. :)

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

One parent said Principal Blackmon had adopted Montgomery County Public Schools’ curriculum and did not want teachers talking about things like Kwanzaa and the late Marion Barry.

The kids are missing out on learning about a made-up holiday and a crackhead crooked politician? I can see where the parents would be up in arms.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can you name me a not-made-up holiday? :Poke:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hump Day

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let us all know if you ever celebrate that one again. :D

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It would be a made up holiday at this point.

11. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Maybe she was teaching it with Rap lyrics and smoking a doobie?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They all are and you should skip teaching about them altogether. Bet those teachers weren't teaching about Christmas.

13. ped

ped Banned

a day of nothing but free shit you dont appreciate?

...I bet they were

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

"After all three of the school’s social studies teachers gave their two weeks’ notice last week, parents say the new principal, Angelicque Blackmon, confronted all three with pink slips Tuesday, in front of students."

So, the teachers already gave notice and the principal basically just said go? I am betting the teachers were trying to bully the principal into something and she called them on it. I could be wrong.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure reads that way to me too.

16. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Yep, a lot more to this story. I bet she is cleaning house because the teachers are not teaching required curriculum and teachers are doing whatever they want. With all the accountability test and administrators being held accountable for those scores teachers better be "teaching to the test". I betting there isn't a bunch of questions on the state test about Kwanza or Marion Berry. To me is shows how miss aligned parents priorities are. Teach them about that crap at home...school is for book learning!
    That principal better watch her ass, piss on the teachers union and see what happens...ask me how I know...

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Black history, yet no such thing as black culture.