1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pros/Cons Arvada Colorado?

Discussion in 'General' started by Blackbeener, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

Possible job opportunity in Arvada Colorado what can the all knowing beeb tell me about living here.
    Most importantly what's the closest track, then everything else. Thanks

2. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I just moved to Thornton... 10-15 minutes away. We moved from the Bay Area and so far I love it here (it hasn't snowed yet lol). We are renting for the first year until we learn where we want to buy. Stay away from Aurora.

They are doing a bunch of freeway infrastructure work but in the end it's going to be super beneficial and it's still easy enough to get around.

High Plains Raceway is about an hour due east.

They have MRA as a racing assoc and have what looks to be a good FB group. They race at PPIR, HPR, and Pueblo.

Where are you now?

3. Blackbeener

South Florida

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Buy snow tires and take a few winter driving lessons. :D

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  5. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Other than Colorado being Commiefornia Lite...it's great. Do your research and be very aware.

One daughter lives in Durango...weird little town. Other daughter and SIL live in Stapleton...very progressive and hip.

6. Blackbeener

Thanks will do for sure.

7. code3ryder

I find it to be completely different than CA. Cost of living is reasonable, dmv did has been a breeze, people are friendly, they dgaf about guns, shall issue....

Also, Arvada is just another burb of Denver. Living towards the mountains is more expensive than towards the plains.

8. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Give it time...it's already well on the way to becoming yet another screwed up state gov't wise...which will effect every single thing you just mentioned.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

JBall likes this.
  10. code3ryder

Have to hope that's not the case. In the meantime, I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust for the ripper.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

MRA are your go to guys for the race scene. I ran with them in the early 80's when they also did La Junta, Castle Rock (CDR), Woody Creek in Aspen and the Steamboat Springs street course. Good luck with your move Mark. Here's a link to MRA...

https://www.mra-racing.org/

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Woody Creek , now that was a nice track :)
    I remember seeing a bunch of open bed trailers with race bikes on them when I lived in Aspen.
    Had no idea there was a track nearby :)

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just north of maintown on the road south from Glenwood. :beer:

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

What are those? Never heard of these tracks...are they cornfields with asphalt? Like be careful of Ol Betsie in T3, she's a old heifer. You could use her as a brake marker, she don't move much.

Sent from my smatrfone

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I know where it's at. I lived in a trailer park down the street {for free} from the track. Just had no idea about motorcycle road racing .

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Looks like a nice track
    https://www.highplainsraceway.com/

17. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

High Plains is sure out in the sticks. At least for another 5 years... maybe. Great track though.

18. code3ryder

Looks like a real easy drive out that way though. Coming from the bay, I didn't have a track closer than an hour so it's nothing new for me.

19. code3ryder

reminds me of Buttonwillow