1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Props to SPEED

Discussion in 'General' started by Knarf Legna, Apr 22, 2007.

1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

The only problem I had was he gave away spoilers to the MotoGP race and the FX race I think it was in his commentary. He will have to get used to NOT talking too much about other races when they have not televised yet.

2. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I caught that as well and I told my brother, hell, they don't even know where they are :D

3. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

bring back Brian Drebber (sp?)

4. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

+1

i can't wait for the race to see the results but for someone who's just watching for fun it would suck. :down:

maybe they could give them an "air time" schedule so they wouln't talk about races that haven't been on air yet. but he was 10 times better than what we've had so far... kinda reminds me of the WSBK guys

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Oh no doubt. I liked them better than the old duo, just that one complaint... noticed the MILLER thing too, but that was just a blunder, nothing to bitch about really

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Oh wasn't bitching about it, sorry if it came across that way. Thought it was pretty damn funny actually.

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

What happened to Dreb in all of this? Is he full time with Ferracci now? :D Only SNAFU I caught from Leigh was when he said during the 1st Superbike race that DuHamel was a multi-time series champion.

8. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

Technically he's correct, he's won multiple AMA championships, only the one Superbike one though.

Was looking forward to hearing Dreb again, but I'll take Leigh anyday. Now if only we could get Fred Merkle to do color.

As a though, everyone should e-mail and call up SPEED and say how much better the broadcast was with Leigh rather than Ralphy boy. Who knows, enough noise could make a difference. Then again some are just happy SPEED puts the races on TV and don't want to make waves.

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Ditto.
    Other than that, I liked the line up yesterday.
    And all the races were awesome!

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I wish that guy would replace Ralph permanently.

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Maybe I was too caught up in the action, but, didn't he also keep referring to the Daytona superbike race as the Daytona 200? No big deal...a HUGE improvement

12. RumbleStrip

www.speedtv.com/feedback

I'm encouraging everyone to call, email, what ever to get rid of Ralphieboy. It worked for him doing F1 coverage on CBS, why not for bikes on SPEED.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  13. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

close as you like it

14. RumbleStrip

fixed, sorry

15. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I just caught the races, and I thought Leigh did a great job. He should be full time. He showed knowledge about the races, racers and sounded excited. It was a nice balance to Freddie's comatose-like input. Leigh was the human element, Freddie was the technical guy and Brian was the foil.

Ralph and Freddie is a snore fest. Disband them.

16. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

Don't forget that it was absolutely cracking as well........

17. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

It ended in tears for some...

18. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

"It's all going on....."

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Well he did keep a fairly consistant volume, and tone. He didn't go screaming his head off over very little racing. Like some British common-taters for other series. So, I think he's a keeper.

20. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

I also enjoyed him during this race and others he has done on Speed. He is always well prepared and he gets excited about the racing but doesn't go crazy. Keep him on. Ralph is ... Ralph.