1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proof that global warming will kill everyone

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And? Guess I'm confused about it all. Is the news that depressions have started forming? I agree it is news but normal news.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's the annual plywood and bottled water season.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just wait until they start spinning the opposite way as ManBearPig predicted in his slide show.... I mean movie.

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, just the standard normal news that is USA signature. Last year we already had Harvey by this time and this year Chris (TS Ernesto) was the last one to date.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

But "scientists" said we would have more and bigger storms due to global warming. Weird how we are on about 10 years of record low tropical storms and tornadoes.
    But what does any of that matter...didn't we all die from tax cuts, Obamacare mandate reversal, and net neutrality? I mean we were promised bodycounts dammit!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I live in Florida. September has always been the peak of hurricane season. Local news has been calmly talking about possible development off the coast of Africa for the past week. Situation normal

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I survived Y2K.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I was disappointed nothing happened.

9. sheepofblue

Not true but hard work saved us. Worked on a project where tracking of all missiles ceased at Y2K until we fixed it. Of course they also had us check all GM cars.... ummm no concept of wall clock time in the CPU guys :crackup: though we did figure out a car could only run a couple of hundred years per key on :beer:

10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I was working at Bridgestone/Firestone at the time. I still remember hanging out at work as the clock rolled over. After all the fear that had been shoved down our throats for years subsided, we did our checks and found one ancient Novell server had gone offline. We used it as an excuse to keep it turned off. :)

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Y2k had its moments. We own a building that is leased to the federal government for $1 a year , and has been the 1940s. I had to supply a letter to the Department of the Navy certifying that the building (the bricks and mortar) were Y2K compliant. Gotta dot those "T"s and cross those "I"s you know.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Maybe that's why they call it the IT department ..

Potts N Pans likes this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

14. sheepofblue

One hit that was barely a hurricane for any time and then fell apart so far. The rest are either gone or out to sea still. This all in hurricane season.....the horror! We only have to worry about the ManBearPig predictions if they start rotating the opposite direction as shown in his slide show movie :beer: Otherwise this kind of happens every year just like Alabama has tornados on occasion, called weather been happening for a while now :Poke:

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Anybody check to see if Guam is capsizing yet?

16. sheepofblue

Nope still full of snakes

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Guam is waiting for Johnson to land on the island first

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The climate sky screamers are saying there has not been a Cat 4 storm hitting N Carolina in 100 years. So, instead of it just being a law of averages, they immediately have to pull out the "climate change" card. Thing is, was it climate change 100 years ago when the last strong one hit? Or just the odds lining up that it would at some point.

Too hot= climate change. Too cold= climate change. Lots of rain= climate change. Dry spell= climate change. No tornados in a while= climate change. Several tornados= climate change.

When everything is climate change, nothing is climate change.

19. sheepofblue

And yet there was Hurricane Hazel on October 15, 1954 which was a CAT4 near the state line. Also Hugo in 1989 hit SC.

The bigger concern is what is coming ot reality
    sharknado.jpg

Yep it officially Sharknado! Get out your chain saws all y'all on the east coast (the pussies in DC can just kiss their asses goodbye as they won't have power tools for defense)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sharkicane!!!! :D

stk0308 and sheepofblue like this.