1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with spacer length

Discussion in 'Tech' started by slow honda, Jul 23, 2005.

1. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

With new .95 springs installed I can't get the forks to the proper sag.

Here's the facts
    2005 CBR600RR
    0.95 springs (Traxxion)
    35mm spacer as cut by traxxion (stock is 58mm)

132mm fully extended slider
    103mm Static preload full in
    95mm in shorts ( I know I need to be fully geared)

Even in shorts the total sag with the preload caps turned full in and I got almost 40mm sag. I'm assuming I need to cut longer spacers but not sure how much longer. Is there a formula? Or some other easier way than just adding 5mm increments?

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Traxxion used to recomend a "baseline" of 20 mm free and 35 mm rider to start.

With 30 mm of free sag, it almost sounds like the .95 springs are not heavy enough for you and your bike. Are you taking "stiction" into account when you measure?

What did Traxxion say about your measurments?

3. out a luck

out a luck Well-Known Member

spring compressor tool?

I'd go 15mm longer (50mm)if it were mine and get a bud to help with installation. That should get you into the middle of the adjustment range.
    But first I'd call Traxxion to make sure there isn't another problem

4. slow honda

Ended up cutting a new spacer at 56mm and now I got a free sag of 18mm and a rider sag of 32mm. I still need to call them to see why such a large difference from the stock configuration to their spacer. Took the bike for a test run and it feels much better. Much less fork dive and I had to back off compression a turn and rebound about 1/4 turn and it feels pretty good to me, but I'm still very new to this whole suspension tuning business, so I may have it totally scewed up

5. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

How heavy are you? over 200lbs? You may need to go stiffer with those springs.

6. slow honda

I weigh 195lbs.

I got a hold of Traxxion and they told me that the spacer length I was suppied with is for a different top out spring. With the stock top out spring and only changing the springs the tech told me I was correct to add the stock length spacer. My numbers are on so I guess I'll just have to see how it feels at my next track day this weekend