1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

probably crazy but... WERA minis?

Discussion in 'General' started by woodyracing, Jan 5, 2008.

1. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

probably a stupid question, but is the mini class usually for the kids? I bought a well set-up CR85 to do some mini motard racing while I'm in school down in Daytona (leaving in April) but I just thought about WERA's mini class. I was planning to drop by Tally in Feb just to kill some time, would I be nuts to jump in the mini class just for the hell of it? I'm about 200 lbs with gear and wouldn't be too competitive with the kids. I know there are some big guys that race mini motards (SEMRA, GAMRA, etc) but I don't really remember any adults in the WERA minis class?

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

There are often a few adults out there w. the mini's.

3. honcati

honcati Well-Known Member

4. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

5. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

go for it, you'll have a blast. we need more entries in the mini class. I do the WERA mini thing up here in the frozen tundra and I'm 38. as far as your size, dont worry about it. in our mini club (Ohio YSR) our club champ is 200+lbs and stupid fast on a ysr. I ask him for cornering tips all the time. we also have "terminator" John from MD who is 200-210 on a honda cr85 motard -again, very fast guy.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Would I be competetive on a TTR125 or would I just be having fun?

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

check the WERA times on mylaps. some mini's are turning pretty good times :up: