1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Privateers always the bad guys?

Discussion in 'General' started by coeff, Jun 3, 2002.

1. coeff

coeff Well-Known Member

Two thoughts regarding this weekend.

I respect the hell out of Miguels riding ability, but he getting to be quite the bitch over the years regarding privateers.
    It looked to me like it was entirely his fault for his fall when he tagged the back wheel of the privateer in practice. Yet, he has the gall to go "have a talk, give constructive criticism" to someone not riding as hard as he thought he should have been in practice.
    Seems to be a deterioration in his professionalism.

Arrons little incident appeared to me that he came across the privateers exit line and left the rider little option. It seemed to me the privateer was struggling to hold the bike down under Arron as he went by without losing the front. Yet the show announcers were basically laying all the blame on the privateer.

When do you forget what it was like to pay your own way?

Just rambling I guess.

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I just wish they'd get rid of those lowly privateers in Superbike. I'd rather see the 8 factory machines duking it out all alone. Now that would be exciting:rolleyes:

3. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

wasn't it miguel who said that he came up on one of the "slow guys, um, i mean privateers"

4. Shane417

Shane417 I Need A Job!!!!

Nope...that was Yates. He kinda caught himself mid-sentence. But he still pulled a 2nd after a stop-n-go!! As for Miguel....he just screwed up and tried to changed lines after trying to stuff it in.

5. ZebProctor

It looked to me like Miguel got past the guy on the outside and the slower guy had to check up thus straightening his bike up and cathcing miguels back tire, if he would have simply slowed down a little and let him by then everything would have been fine, but It's easy for us to sit here and say that after seeing it in slow-mo, it was a split second decision....

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

This is one instance where I don't blame Aaron. Miguel's was Miguel's fault but that doesn't mean he can't give the guy some constructive criticism.

Back in the late 90s Miguel was turning into a serious whining bitch about backmarkers but he backed off a little when it started getting alot of attention.

It's just a guess but I don't think Miguel has ever really had to "pay his own way". I'm going to just assume that the Yvon guy had a little to do with his success. ;)

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

You mean Yates, not Miguel right? Or did I miss another incident? Haven't seen the entire race yet.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Miguel's was in practice and Yates was during the race.

9. Shane417

Shane417 I Need A Job!!!!

I thought Miguel went inside of a backmarker and the backmarker shut the door on Miguel. Then Miguel had to check up and try to go to the outside. And then Miguel caught the backmarker's rear tire. That's what I thought happened....but then again, I had that "Corona Fog" going on too!!

10. ZebProctor

i believe you are right, there was another wreck where that happened though, i can't remember which one it was now... i coulda sworn it was miguel...

11. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

Miguel has been like this as long I as I have watched racing. At this point in time I have zero respect for him. I don't give a crap if has the most 600 wins or that his father is considered a great rider. To me he appears to be an a$$hole. Go ahead kick out all of the pivateers and see how long you career lasts. An 8 bike grid wouldn't be any fun to watch and you wouldn't get my dollars at the track. I always thought that a great rider was one that could negotiate traffic, as well as ride the wheels off on a clear track. Maybe he was justified this time, I don't know, but he has a history of attacking privateers. I guess I will have to vote with my dollar and make sure I don't buy an RC51.....like I would anyway.

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I want everyone here to remember all of this next time they get held up by a SLOWER rider like me (not the punting part, the understanding part).

Thank You,

Darrin Talbott

13. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

No one will. You will be bitched about as much, if not more. If you turn out to be fast is when the fun really begins though.

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Not much chance of me being fast.

See Ya,

Darrin

15. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

From what they showed in the highlights on Speed Channel it looked like the incident occurred in turn 3. It looked to me like the rider in front of Miguel was on his line, not doing anything erratic and Miguel closed on him really fast in the braking zone. From what I saw it was a poor decision by Miguel and he changed his mind at the last second, but by then it was too late and he tagged the guy.

Same story, different weekend. :rolleyes:

16. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

:eek: BLAME CANADA!! :rolleyes:

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I agree. :)

He did exactly what I did at Talladega, indecision going into a turn behind a slower rider and then paid the price for it. :(

18. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

on the yates incident
    yates passed the privateer and got in to hot
    if you look in the slow mo from the front, he looses the front
    and saves it and has to park it in the turn and thats why that guy hit him .

Last edited: Jun 4, 2002
  19. ZebProctor

Yeah, it was yates I was thinking of, it wasn't really anyone's fault, yates had the line and the slower guy was fine until the front slipped and like I said, split second decisions are a lot harder than analyzing something on slow-mo

20. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

I sometimes think these guys forget where they came from. I cannot wait for the day they loose all of their fame, and they are the forgotten ones, or they are the problems. Why is it, it always is someone elses fault when the BIG GUYS have a incident???? :mad: :mad: :mad: