1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayer request

Discussion in 'General' started by wera516, Sep 2, 2004.

1. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

I have friend of the family who's son Ryan Mcfarland just passed away yesterday morning at the age of 21. His father found him in his bed yesterday morning dead of a drug overdose. I know his son from when I was at performance honda Randy (the father) was very interested in my racing and always asked my parents how I was doing in it and even showed up at the track with his son just to watch. He came to me 4 years ago trying to figure out what he could do for his son to try and get him going the right direction. He got messed up with the wrong crowd at a very early age. His dad got him a bike to ride and tried to make every deal in the world with him to get him to staighten up. His dad cared for him so much and to have this happen must be completely devistating to him and his family.
    If anyone (ex,nov,pro or whatever) would like to send a picture signed with a note of encouragement (sp) to the family I will post his address I know it will mean alot to them. They are great people and need all the prayers they can get.
    Thanks Andrew

The address is
    Randy and Tracy Mcfarland
    1801 Riva ridge ct
    York SC 29745

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

RIP:(
    At least he's at peace now.

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:( How sad. Prayers comin.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

So sad. :( The family is in my prayers.

5. chaplain

chaplain MRO pulpit jockey

will do

My 14 y/o daughter's 16 y/o boy friend took his own life last Winter.....She is still grieving his death. A death that young is so sad

6. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Everyone here makes up the greatest group of people I think I have ever come across.
    Thanks to everyone......

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Lot of prayers....

8. 418

418 Expert #59

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

How tragic, Andrew. May the family find God's comfort and strength in this excrutiating loss. Prayers for the McFarland family. RIP, Ryan.

10. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

how sad it is that drugs are so powerful. We can only hope that this tragedy will put someone in that 'wrong crowd' on the right path. prayers to the family.