1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Race, flat spot..?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Spot, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Spot

Spot Well-Known Member

Took the bike out putting in the naborhood to make sure that there's nothing funny going on before load up. I noticed a flat spot in my front tire. :confused: I put it up on stands and put the warmers on in hopes that it would come out. No such luck. I can see the low spot on it just spinning it.

Is this a common thing for these tires? Will this come out of the tire as it warms and is ridden?

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

should.. I have tires mounted on wheels in my trailer. When i pull em down they always have a crease where the tire rides on the rack. Wont notice it once on warmers and a few laps completed.

3. Spot

Spot Well-Known Member

I hope so. I got to looking again and noticed that the line on the side wall actualy sinks into the rim along with the outter dia. of the tire. (like the hole that the rim fitts in is not centered with the rest of the tire...out of round)

IDK I'll run easy on it and see if it goes away. If not I'll mount it on an R6 and roast marshmellows w/it:D

Tire fires rock!

4. Kshuart

Kshuart Well-Known Member

Does it look like the bead isn't seated on the tire?? That could be your problem.

5. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Reseat The Bead On This Tire!!!!

6. Spot

Spot Well-Known Member

I'll try it. It doesn't appear to be the problem though. side wall is tight up against the rim. Also it's like that on both sidesat the same place. I could see one side or the other with the bead problem, but both..? IDK I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the input guys.