1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power one 2CT | B | need warmers?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by rico750, Jun 18, 2010.

1. rico750

rico750 Well-Known Member

any one here using warmers on the 2CT power one B Tires?

and if you could choose.. would you go with power one or power race?

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

No, don't use warmers with that tire - it's a street tire, they would overheat it. They'll get up to temp before you complete one lap anyway.

Power Race are obviously the grippier of the two choices but only if you're running the times to keep them hot on the track. Your tire vendor will be able to help you sort that choice out. If B stands for Beginner group, definitely stay with the street tires. If B is Intermediate as in A-B-C, you might benefit from the race tires - again, vendor will know better than a blanket opinion on the intarwebs.

3. blawar

blawar Active Member

Power one B's are DOT race tires.

Op: check out the tire thread in the trackday forum, it covers warmers pretty well.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  4. blawar

blawar Active Member

5. rico750

the "B" would stand for the compound type. model B

6. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

I have those on my 600 at front and I use warmers(love then), but you could get away with no warmers at front but not at the rear they take more time get up to temp, more than a lap(if you are a racer? You need warmers) it makes a diference..... I am a track day rider and would not run these with out warmers

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  7. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

8. rico750

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

LOL. well then.

[​IMG]