1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post tech?

Discussion in 'General' started by beechkingd, Jul 23, 2009.

1. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

How is post tech supposed to work if you placed but you know you won't get any contingency? Should I just roll though? Stop etc? Talk to a guy with a clip board? Every time I go though it seems to be handled differently by the tech inspectors.

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You aren't required to go thru post tech, especially if you aren't looking to recieve any contingency.

3. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

roll on thru

4. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

I would also roll on through. I don't race WERA, but with other organizations post tech is used sometimes to verify you are on DOTs instead of slicks when racing supersport and superstock classes. Just my two cents.

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Just make sure you get it on video.

6. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

99% of the time post tech is just for contingency purposes. The other 1%, a WERA offical will stop you for whatever he wants to check.

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

if you placed.. why wouldnt you want to collect contingency?

8. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

If you think you placed good enough to get some contingency $$ stop at post tech, the guy at the end of the race with the clipboard and answer the questions he asks you. If you didnt place very well just roll on through.

9. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Not enough people in the class usually