1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-race Tech Spelling Quiz

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I was recently looking over an oil and gas lease buy/sell agreement for a client, and it meant to say, there were "no shut-in wells."

However, it actually said there were "no shit-in wells."

One of my young associates, perhaps a budding grammar Nazi, thought maybe it should have correctly (grammatically speaking) said there were "no shat-in wells."

That won't necessarily let me run up the inside of you at turn 1 at Roebling on the brakes, but it was funny.

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Fuk some people need to get a life and stop winging about absolutely nothing. The wholo of the USA english language is wrong compared to every other english speaking country FFS, and ya cannot count either, fukin imperial math still bahahaha

3. trancework

trancework It's always now...

[​IMG]

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Winging sounds like something a bird would do.

5. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

M1nd r34d1ng 4u70m471c4lly w17h0u7 3v3n 7h1nk1ng 4b0u7 17.

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Do not listen to it then, simple eh

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

When I started my job I took over the task of drawing up site plans for sign locations to be submitted to the state DOT from my office manager. She gave me one she'd done recently to use as an example. The location was West Dam Access Road (the site is near a lake), but on her submission, she'd listed it as West Damn Access Road:beer:

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I still shake my head every time I drive by the closed golf course they're developing for McMansions by the lake...and all the acerage they have for sale.

Then I discovered they have another sign at another point abutting the property...same misspelling!

This is why we can't has nice thingz. :down:

9. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Ok, but there will be a spelling portion of the race and I'm gonna smoke you.

10. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Shaun, Shaun, Shaun................... calm down, mate!

Immigrants should get special dispensation, especially if the Queen's English is their native language.
    :D

I can see the first word being 'aluminum', and we all know that 'aluminium' is correct.

Cheers
    Barry

11. Love me some Shaun. :crackup:

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

ill giv it a go then:up:

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Funny, really, as I hate recieving text talk typing messages hahahaha, and I cannot spell my way out of a hospital

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Haha Nah, Chromemolly OR Crome Molly is betterer