1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post-race Tech Spelling Quiz

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Feb 26, 2015.

1. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Should be required as per the amended rulebook. Spelling and riding a bike near its limit are more closely related than most think. Both are either done correctly or completely wrong. A man or woman should be able to care enough to spell properly if they expect to compete on the track with others in a racing environment.

A twenty-word spelling quiz presented to Riders as they leave the track (no cheating with phones because helmets and gloves are still on) would be reasonable and any less than 17 correct answers would constitute a DQ. Sponsors would be more proud of riders who spell correctly and represtent them well. It's a win-win for WERA. Complete attention to grammar could come at a later date once we tackle spelling.

Let's tighten up what is left of motorcycle roadracing.

A gramatically correct paddock is a safer paddock.

2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be okay with a 70% score being passing. However anything under a 90% score would lose you one spot per 5% drop.... :D

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Wait... We would need an interpreter though.. I don't even want to try to give a test to Russell when he's calm let alone right after a race.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know you're joking, but it's actually pretty important. If I get an email or other written communication from somebody with a misspelled word or grammatical error, my brain instantly labels that person an idiot and any dealings from there forward are affected.

7. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

:crackup: Awesome.

8. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

its all a buncha spells anyway so might as well be precise about it. problem is being precise is not as easy as the so-called grammar nazis make it out to be.

in order to be correct with 100% accuracy you will need to know QUANTUM-LANGUAGE-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR

otherwise you have no case, youre only continuing to support the fraud!

free your mind ;-)

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

iwishweneverhadtousespacesorcapitilizationandtheworldwouldbethatmucheasiertolivein

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

I'm in.

11. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

12. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just because I can still comprehend what an idiot is trying to get across does not make him less of an idiot (or at least give the strong impression that he may be one)

14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Agreed.

15. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Really, I know a few pros that don't know how to read or talk, that would smoke us all.

It's about riding not spelling.

You have way to much time on your hands.

16. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Isn't the point of language to communicate. If that happens it's served it's purpose.

On the other hand, my grammar is perfect, but my handwriting is so bad you'd have a hard time knowing it was English. :)

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I skip the hassle and just assume that before I even get the email :D

18. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Tech official: "Spell contingency."
    Rider: ::Vroom, vroom :: "WHAT ??"
    Official: "Spell contingency."
    Rider: :: Vroom, vroom :: "WHAT ??"
    Official : "Shit. NEXT !!"

19. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I would argue effective communication is more important. If I spend more time and attention trying to decipher the message than I do reading the message, the point is lost.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

FTFY. :D