1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly more badass than racing a Grom...

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Sep 21, 2020.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I had a pretty badass sidecar version...bought it in Glendora from some shop..not a nice one. It was made in China but he souped it up I used to drive it to the supermarket and pick up my groceries two bags that was it ( small ones at that too.
    Supermarket was in Studio City so it was a little treacherous....to say the least.... One always has weary of city gladiator drivers in look at me Porsches,, BMWs Mercedesetc driving like maniacs ..took up to Mulholland the few times ended up getting pulled over by a cop which comes as no surprise....
    Probably the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle was with that thing and a long time before that a group of us with modified YSR50s ride up to the Rock Store on Mulholland Dr.
    Those things were fun as fu#k D even have to think about it...definitely the most fun I've ever had on any two wheels..... I would trade all my bikes for a trio of trick ysr50 80s whatever.....with a couple friends doesn't matter where you go....ride a mountain road illegal highway, a parking lot.... Everybody loves them.
    Love but this was 20-25 years ago... I would never ride one of those in the city now it's a deathwish.... I'm not quite ready to close My eyes forever just yet... lol

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My knees just said, "F*ck you....we ride Ohvales.....that's enough!"

Phl218 and cha0s#242 like this.
  3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I had a polini 911 back in the day right before getting into WERA. Was a lot of fun on go kart tracks or parking lots and you could bust your ass on them. Your ankle was at a 45*-90* ankle on the pegs so all you did was tip over to drag a knee or turn.

4. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

We had a bunch of the racing at the E-Town kart track back in the day.

One day a state trooper was there watching and clocked one of them at 65mph!

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I watched that whole goddamned race lol.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Pretty cool. It would take me hours to straighten my legs back out after a ride like that.

Rebel635 and StaccatoFan like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This country ain't remotely Europe. Why do people insist on comparing them with regard to motorcycles? We didn't spend decades following WWII rebuilding and unable to afford anything but bikes leading to a huge number of motorcycle riders. We don't have the tiny ass crowded cities where scooters and bikes work better. They don't have a 3000 mile trip from one side of a single country to the other. This isn't Europe and never will be.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Fuckin Commie!

notbostrom likes this.
  9. Me too. :D

Knotcher likes this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Grown ass adults shouldnt be having that much fun!! Sign me up!

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

same

12. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Me too. Wow, that looks like fun. But after 50 years of racing, my knees won’t even begin to bend that far.

Sabre699 likes this.