1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ports

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bent, Aug 25, 2003.

1. bent

bent Well-Known Member

This bike is an 03 zx6rr but ive tested it on all kinds of multi valve 4 srokes 400ex 660 raptor z400 honda 600's kawis but most all muti valve 4 s can be improved by this stock or highly modified. i know nothing about computers and have no camera sorry no posted graphs. hey Dan why didnt you work sat. slacker you missed out on all those used car sales ha ha.

2. brad996

brad996 Member

port size

so what did you do to reduce the size of the ports

3. bent

bent Well-Known Member

its a special epoxy, when applied correctly is guaranteed for life of engine. just pm me to find out more.

4. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

Is that your persional guarantee or manufacture's for that enviroment?

:Poke: :D

Crispy

5. bent

bent Well-Known Member

personal, belive it or not smaller intake ports wasn't on the back of the package. ive thoughly tested this stuff..

6. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

jb weld works fine yes I have tested it and it works

7. bent

bent Well-Known Member

so have i found another believer of port reduction? what engines have you tried this on?

8. mdr14

mdr14 What?

epoxy in ports is like ketchup. It adds a little flavoring, but it is not the whole meal.

9. bent

bent Well-Known Member

ANY SUGG.?

10. mdr14

mdr14 What?

any suggestions about porting or porting an 03' 6rr?

The new stuff is really, really good. piston dome, cumbustion chamber, intake ports.

In general when i port a head, I use a flow bench. on a 600 I test at 15". I try to use as higha test pressure a possible for greater accuracy in measuring change.

I usually use abou 6 test points at different lifts ( from a small opening to max lift)

I use the data i collect to see what can be removed from where, if anything, and sometimes to see if anything need building up.

Do i ever end up with a port that is smaller than stock? no

Have I ever seen any evidence that says filling a port up with epoxy (or similarly functioning media) gives you some magical increase in performance? No

Can a well ported head with "SOME" epoxy in key areas help in cylinder charging? yes

the real question is ' can you make credible gains in performance in the new 600's intake port?"

Well, everyone lies on what gains they can make anyway. Purchase a flow bench, get a dynojet 250 dyno and see what you come up with.

When you get to the track, we will know if what you did worked.

11. bent

bent Well-Known Member

I think 5hp at 11,000 rpm is a credible gain and my ports are considarably smaller. I do not use a flow bench because i am not worried about flow. i do port to valve relation. look at the new rr specs they have .05mm bigger valves and smaller intake tracks. i have never seen a gain on a late model 600 with bigger ports.

12. mdr14

mdr14 What?

Ya know, I've had a couple of Pat Mcgiverns "epoxy" head motors on my dyno. With everone we could do less and get more with the same model.

Yes i even have experimented with a generous amount of epoxy (more than I would normally use, if I were to use any) in ports with similar results. No measurable performance increase. (Dyno and race track)

But . God bless america, fill up them ports with as much epoxy as you want. No one is going to stop you. Heck you might even convince other people to have it done too! Matter of fact I highly encourage you to.

Good luck with it.

13. bent

bent Well-Known Member

uuuh thanks for the go ahead.

im guessing by the harsh criticisom of my "free" advise you probably charge these folks big money to enlarge ports.

oops im sorry.

i recommend people try it and test it themselves then they will be a beleiver just as i am.

ps I THINK THE MOTO MAN KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Pat Mcgivern)