1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche tuners

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jul 9, 2018.

1. They haven't changed. It used to be 5,200lbs, but was downgraded to 4,400lbs. I remember reading about it. It started in the UK and Porsche downgraded it because of something to do with the rear brakes.

Scroll down, towing capacity is listed as 4,409lbs.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/macan/macan-turbo-models/macan-turbo/featuresandspecs/

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

1650 is probably the capacity without trailer brakes.

3. Just keep in mind that if you are looking to order one, the prices you see listed come with fuckall. You can't actually get a good one for the prices you see advertised on facebook and shit (or even the Porsche site for that matter).

They will say you can get a Macan Turbo for $77k, but that doesn't include options. The good 21" wheels will add about $4k, the package that gets you the Panoramic roof, Lane Keeping and Lane Changing Assist will add another $4k, upgraded leather will add $2k, Sport Chrono package (which gets you the "Sport Plus Mode") adds $1,300, the towing package will add another $600, Air-suspension with the Active Suspension Management shit will add $1,500, so on and so forth.

Then if you want brushed aluminum accents on the interior, each item (door seals, shifter knob, etc) costs individually. You can end up spending like $4k just for brushed aluminum accents if you do everything. Then there is a separate package for the sporty exterior with painted grill, the cool looking front end, etc.

The Turbo model comes with a lot of shit that isn't on the S model, but it still doesn't have everything you would want. They suck you in with a lower price and make you think "that is great!", then when you go to build the one you want, you realize it doesn't come with a lot of the cool shit.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

^ Hence why Porsche is the most profitable automobile manufacturer on the planet.

One of the few who will charge you way more for less.

rafa likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Kenny's buying a sports car, not a SUV. He won't need a lot of options to drive the GT4 the way God intended.

panthercity likes this.
  6. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Good thing some us can live just fine without all the cool shit. :Poke:

Remember when you thought the Grom was a giggle fest of fun out of the box? Because it is and I do.

Yes, when you are luxury-ing up your dream vehicle, you are playing with your money at your own risk. You've not reached FU money if you are bitching about it....

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can honestly say, not a single option you mentioned appeals to me. :D
    Having said that, when I priced a Carrera 4S it came out to ~$137K from ~$90(?).
    Makes a Cayman look very attractive, but I'd want AWD that they don't have.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My spreadsheet would make your head explode. I have acquired the full list of options that were offered in the car in 2016. I can basically back into the sticker price if the listing owner provides enough detail about the options ordered. I also have a list of almost every VIN and the cars original sticker as ordered so that makes my job easier knowing which car, with which options, is the best deal at the current asking price. I am specifically targeting low option cars. All the high dollar options are the biggest depreciation hit on the vehicles. You don't need many options in this thing for it to be really good. I have exactly two and they are considerations for the wife. 18 way adjustable seats simply so heating seating becomes a possibility for any cars that don't already have it. Everything else is completely optional for the right price.

Beyond color and seat preferences I am looking at the cars with that are the best deal as a percentage of their original sticker.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  9. Nobody gives a shit about Kenny. He can start his own thread. :D

MachineR1, BigBird and vfrket like this.
  10. Everything is better when modded.

I never bitched about the cost of any of it. If it was worth bitching about, I wouldn't have got it. I would have bought something else.

I just think it is chickenshit the way they suck you in with those ads. They don't even carry any cars at that advertised price on the lot. Every car they carry has a lot of extra options on it. If you actually wanted one that costs the advertised price, you would have to special order it.

BigBird likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I see. So when you said this…
    you were talking to yourself, and confirming what we've always known about your head issues. My bad. :D

vfrket likes this.
  12. Nope, I was talking to Gino. He was the one that was asking about the Macan and its towing capacity. :moon:

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That is a remarkably humorous statement that anyone owning one of these lumps would take it off-road.

15. ton

ton Arf!

you're a little slow today, man. :crackup:

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My daughter said to look in the glove compartment of the GTS she had for the weekend..$149,537 was the sticker. What I found odd was the fact that they give these cars to the salesman to drive around, racking up miles.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll start a new thread when I take delivery. It is highly likely this will be a fly out and drive back operation. :D

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Back when my Dad was still working for them (as a regional service manager) they had him use company cars for 9K miles then he would swap out for a new one. They would then sell the unit, slightly discounted, as a CPO/demo vehicle.

When I was working at a dealer in college, they didn't let the salesman drive new units, but the occasional trade-in would find it's way off the lot for a weekend if they were trying to show up some new POA.....

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

At that rate, might as well go for a 911. When I priced out a Cayman, I didn't break $100K. I'm not into the frilly stuff. Give me some suspension and performance upgrades, de-badge it and I'm good...I don't need no fucking cupholders. :D

20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If it's the one she's in the picture with from page 3, I beleive that is a 911 (GTS).