1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PN/Novice Number Plate Requirement

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by TheScarpino, May 9, 2017.

1. TheScarpino

TheScarpino Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you only have one set of numbers on your tail you have to have them on your belly pan too, I believe.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. That is legal - but you need them on the lowers as well.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

it's been a couple of years since I read the rules, but that sounds right to me.

For the OP, this is the type of tech "violation" that will never stop you from racing, but it will get you protested if you win. Your belly pan won't even be on the bike when you go through tech inspection.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually it's not something you could protest. It's our call and we'll enforce it when we see you on track and can't read your numbers :D

6. TheScarpino

I don't know what the exact measurement is at this moment ( not at home), but would this be acceptable if I don't go with a belly number? Assuming I can apply 6" numbers to each side...

Excuse the awesome art work.

And would anyone have an example of the belly pan numbers???

Attached Files:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The problem is with you using just one numberplate, all the numbers are on top of the tail and not visible from the sides. If you move the yellow down further so the numbers are actually on the side, even if they wrap around some, you'd be good.

8. TheScarpino

Thanks Mongo!

Guess its time to get some belly pan numbers. The plate is cleared coated over. :/

Guess that's what you get for buying used. hahahahah

Is the same requirements for the front and rear numbers the same for the belly pan?

Does the backing plate (yellow background) need to be any particular size for the belly pan?

And to confirm.....it has to be installed on the lower of each side. - Any particular location?

Sorry for really beating this up....but wanna make sure I get it right.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anywhere on the lower as long as it isn't blocked by you riding down the straight, 6" numbers, square/rectangular backing, with an inch of yellow around the numbers.

Then on the tail run them from side to side, it'll look better and you can tell everyone it's so they know who it is as you wheelie away from them :D

TheScarpino likes this.
  10. TheScarpino

That's funny!!! hahahahah

Thanks!!!!