1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Racer Handbook Here

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by S Tsotsoros, Jul 12, 2013.

1. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

The attached file will guide you through the steps you will need to take to prepare for your first race weekend with WERA.

As with everything in life, there is room for improvement in this guide so please provide feedback in this thread and I will update the file to address as many questions as are practical.

The Beeb is an excellent resource. I encourage you to use it to ask questions and introduce yourself to the community.

Good luck and i hope to see you at the track. :up:

Attached Files:

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

according to the WERA rulebook
    you have right fork leg :tut:

3. S Tsotsoros

Thanks.

I'll take care of that oversight.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not that picky about it either. Left is a good starting point but not an absolute.

5. SICzx

SICzx Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, this is a great resource and helps break down the essentials. Hope to see you guys out there soon.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Thats coming along nicely! I like the chart.

bravo sir.:up:

7. S Tsotsoros

Would love any suggestions you have to improve it.

My motivation for putting this together is to help get more Racers on the grid so will appreciate you sharing this with your friends and telling them how easy it is to race with WERA.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

You may wanna do it as a .pdf if possible. I'm sure there are people browsing from idevices and .doc isn't able to be opened. :D

9. S Tsotsoros

Good suggestion. If I can save it to a small enough file size I'll do that.

Thanks.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Please keep doing what you're doing. It's very helpful and much appreciated.

:clap:

11. chris.c

chris.c Well-Known Member

"Complete WERA approved Race School at least 12 months prior to your first race"

This makes it sound like you need to wait 12 months from the time you complete school before you can race. How about:

"Complete WERA approved race school no longer than 12 months before your first race"

Or something like that.

12. S Tsotsoros

Chris.

Much better verbiage. I'll include it in an updated release later this week.

Thanks for your input.

13. S Tsotsoros

UPDATED version of the New Racer Handbook

Mongo,

I'd like to include the PDF version as suggested by TakeItApart but the smallest file size I can achieve as a PDF document is 290kb. If you have a means of overriding the 250kb limit I'll send you the PDF file and would appreciate if you will post it in this thread.

Attached Files:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea if I can override it as an admin but I can change it... Send me a copy either way to [email protected], I still really want to read it and just haven't had time. Hopefully Thursday on the flight out to Miller.

15. S Tsotsoros

Just a little bump to keep this at the top of the Section.

16. kruizen

kruizen Well-Known Member

Also I believe the handbook states " contrasting color t-shirt" not orange-cant remember off top of my head and 2 lazy to look it up.

Maybe once mongo loads it up he can do so into a sticky thread at the top of this section, then lock the thread so it doesn't get buried.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once I get the chance to read through it I will.

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

still cant read it. Ski

19. S Tsotsoros

I've tried to reduce the PDF file size to below the 250kb forum limit but can't get there so PM me your e-mail address and I'll be more than happy to e-mail you the PDF version.

20. kruizen

kruizen Well-Known Member

Here is version 2 in PDF.

Attached Files: