1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by skillets, Jun 13, 2005.

1. skillets

skillets Gunnin' for terrance

Ok here is the deal. Friday rode all day with nesba at summit, bike ran great. Saturday did the solo 16 bike ran great finished well. Sunday hop on the bike to do some practice, bike starts and goes 50 feet towards the track and dies. I hit the start button and nothing it just spin's over like normal but does not start. So back to the pits. I proceed to go threw the whole bike. I check every fuse, wire, grounds,etc. There is fuel going to the fuel rail, and spark to the plugs. WHAT IS WRONG? The only thing different or changed for the weekend is in the solo 16 I was running VP U4 for the first time and with 6 laps to go my exhaust broke and I ran 6 laps with a open header. Other than that the bike has been untouched and not crashed all year. What would make this happen? Oh yeah its a 04 kawi 636 with a power commander usb, full pipe, filter, velocity stacks and thats it. Thanks so much for the help.

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Try disconnecting the PC and see what happens.

3. skillets

Did that, nothing.

4. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Pull each sparkplug one at a time, put it in the cap, and make sure the electrode is touching something grounded (cylinder head). Crank the bike and make sure it's getting spark.

Other then that, I got nothin. :(

5. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Spark fuel and air.. all you need to go...except they have to be introduced in the proper order... computer problem have it checked... borrow one from another 636 see what happens..

6. skillets

Thats what Im saying I have spark fuel and air this shit should run.

7. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

The fuel pump is working?
    Is there a tip-over sensor?

Did one of your jumpers come out? That is: where you've jumped the sidestand switch, clutch, etc..

Good ground? All of them?

Is this Kawasaki really a ducati?;)

8. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Is there fuel in it? :p

9. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

If you have personally seen with your own eyes the sparkplugs doin' there thing, then it's either fuel or air keeping it from "starting". But unless it's getting no air what-so-ever, which I highly doubt, it should at least "try and start". Have you actually seen the fuel come out of the injectors? Do fuel injected bikes vapor lock? I'm better with the carborated stuff, really, so I'm just shootin in the dark here. But if your getting fuel into the cylinder, and spark from the plugs, maybe it's flooded. Try pulling all the plugs, crank it a few times/ let it air out a bit. You could also try pulling the air filter out, and shooting a little starter fluid into the airbox and crankin' it.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

11. RockStar44

RockStar44 Hayden OWNS Martini!

Could it be...

My race partner last year had almost the exact same problem on his F4i. Turned out to be water in his fuel. We tore that thing apart and even over-paid for new plugs at a local bend-over motorcycle dealer. Gave up, took it home and poured out about the same quantity as a water bottle out of it. It was in the tech shed all night too...strange.

Just thought I would pass it along.

Good luck.

12. skillets

I have to seen the fuel actually come out of the injectors but out of the fuel line where it plugs into the fuel rail. I am going to try and pull a injector and see if its spaying fuel. The starting fluiod thing will try too.