1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirellis to Bridgestones

Discussion in 'General' started by eroge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. JWVance

JWVance Well-Known Member

The measuremnents from the ground to the center of the axel are almost identical between the SC's and te BT002's, front and rear.

2. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Hrm, that sounds familiar... I wonder who else could have mentioned mentioned make a small change in tire pressures... :cool: That's it, I want all my settings back! You can't use 'em anymore!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  3. alan

alan Well-Known Member

I switched to them for the first time this weekend from Michelin. I couldn't get them to hook up after a couple laps. I was pretty dissappointed.
    BTW this is on DOT's

4. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

I've been running the 'Stone DOT's lately (after trying EVERYTHING) and I'm really happy with them thus far.

5. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I dont think there is anything wrong with grip...I didnt have grip issues..Coleman was running the DOT's on his 750 and 1000 and puttin down 32's.

6. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

i don't think the tires were causing my grip issues (at least i hope not after buying 7 sets). it has to be a setup issue for me. as sean said, there are plenty of guys faster than i am running the tires without issues. i'm going to continue to play with pressures and try taking out one or two clicks of compression in the rear.

7. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

I made the switch this past weekend as well. Switched from Pirelli Diablo Super Corsas to BT002 and also the slicks. What I noticed was a little feathering of the front tire. I softened up the front preload (due to a stiffer Bridgestone carcass compared to the Pirelli) and was happy. Otherwise my suspension setup is unchanged at this point.

8. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

SOLD !
    ok im sold on the switch......best thread this season thus far....now what compound to run for the new Summit Main in April hmmmmm....

9. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

dot or slicks?

10. vonstallin

I ran slicks for the first time this weekend at VIR...they were great, but I dont want to go thru the hassle of swaping rims/tires for super stock...

Oh, um DOT's...sorry for the long reason.

11. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

for sprints, type 4 front, type 3 rear i'm guessing.

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'm glad they are workin gout well for most everybody. a little set up and the rest of you well be good to go.

Then you can all save enough money on tire that you all will be bale to race more.

13. stickboy274

Type 4 front and type 3 rear will handle most sprints. If it gets to hot you may need to go to the type 3 front.

14. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Yup. I gave the pirelli guy a 120 card at Daytona and thought that I was gonna have to get a check for $280. He told me 310 and I said WTF!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  15. vonstallin

LOL
    exactly, haa haaaa I had some pirelli cards and my balls hit the floor when she told me the extra.
    I walk up and said "no, no this can't be right, I gave you $300 cards not $260... she then showed me the screen and said...everything went up.

If i had a Dollar for everytime i heard that this year.
    After shagging the rear doing the HW solo 16, and Fomula 1, like a crack head I went right back...this time just for a rear. $255 WTF? $30 more and I can get in on a Set of Stones Group buy.

sigh...

16. eagletangogreen

eagletangogreen Well-Known Member

Well I have gone thru 4 sets of the 003's in the last month and a half.

At Summit they worked awesome and wore great had plenty of rubber left after the whole weekend one solo and three sprints and 5 or so practice sessions. The rear was kinda easy to slide but predictable. 62deg

At CMP the rear lasted me four practice sessions, no suspension changes and suspension by Mike F. 76deg

At Nashville I destroyed the left rear side on the practice day,no grip issues. 83deg

At Barber the tire wore super great but the front became greasy in the late afternoon (sliding out in turn 2 did not crash) the rear had good grip threw out the day. 86deg

All days were done with new sets, soft front, and med rear. I am going thru these tires like hot cakes??? Maybe switch to a harder rear?? I am tempted to try the Mich power ones.

What do you guys think??

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  17. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

i dont think we have enough information. you rode them so you should know better than us. did your times improve? how was the confidence they gave you? talk to the tire guy about the compounds and pressures to make them work better for you. alot of times people blame tires for issues caused by rider, bike, track, or weather.

18. stickboy274

Yup. To many variables. Nashville kills the left side of tires because you spend most of the lap on the left side. Even th estraight is done on the left.

CMP does the same to the right.

Summit isn't known for having grip, so they don't have any pavement to wear them.

Barber has always done weird things to tires.

19. martyna

martyna A Little BRIT Different

I changed late last year to Bridgestones,,, my 07 R6 needed no change, they perform great and they pay out a darn site faster than Pirelli when you win :) plus Stickboy is a real good person to work with,,

20. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

Suck ass. You must not hang around him that much. He's a bad influence. And skips out before you can tell him you actually won a trophy, plaque, or whatever they hand out now.