1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirellis to Bridgestones

Discussion in 'General' started by eroge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. eroge

eroge Well-Known Member

Does anyone happen to know the heights of Bridgestones vs. Pirellis 120/180 dot's? Was wanting to switch and wondering what it will do to the geometry. Thanks

2. Beaz

Beaz Well-Known Member

Lower the front 3 mil

3. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

Tire size difference is insignificant

I made the switch this year and the tires measure within a 6mm on the circumference, so the height difference is insignificant. I did not change a click on my suspension or ride height. I ran VIR over the weekend for the first time and the 'Stones worked great, had a personal best lap time by 1.5 seconds. BTW, thanks to Stickboy for the hookup on the tires.

WERA Novice #610
    '04 R6

4. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

Raise the rear one thread on your shock.

5. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

i went 5mm on my old r6 and new had issues. keep in mind i'm old and slow, but i seem o be able to 'feel" more with the b'stones. plus i like their red hats better....:D

6. mq105

mq105 Well-Known Member

P= 601/641 (Diablo Supercorsa)

B= 600/640

7. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

i didn't change anything as I measured them basically the same (see post above)

8. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I think the biggest difference is a stiffer carcass on the Bridgestones. I didnt have any grip issues..used the YDC slicks, but they get used quick....but was getting some front end chatter in the 10 area and the turn 2-3 area which I never had before. These are both higher speed lefts and really the only spot I had issues. Was kinda bad, considering I really couldnt hammer it in these two areas. Used to go through there full throttle. Cant say if it was suspension, the track or the carcass being harder on the stones. What I do know is I have to figure it out :)

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's right.

Sorry I didn't take time to read the whole post earlier or I would have seen the swizes.

10. mq105

mq105 Well-Known Member

Per Mike F (Thermosman): Add 2psi to the front; 32 psi hot on the warmers. It worked for me at Jennings.

11. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

PM'd ya

12. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

hope you plan on sharing that info, sean ;)

13. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

You know I will for a box of Samoa's ;) Try to pit near us at Summit...should be the Lake and Arnie and Charlie again.

14. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Damn. I can't pit with you guys anymore???:D

15. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

done! the bigger problem for me was spinning the rear (on the SV, no less). the whole time i was thinking it was a pressure issue, but now i'm wondering if it's suspension. would the stiffer carcass require you to back off on the compression a bit? could too much compression damping be causing the front end chatter as well?

16. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I am eyeballing this thread very meticulously. Im in the market to switch from Pirellis to Stones also. Sounds as if they perform damn near the same and about $80 less.

I was awe struck when my DOT”s hit me for $390 and the Slicks @ $430.
    ok don’t mind me, I’m watching.

17. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

I'm making the switch.... for the same reasons stated above.

18. JWVance

JWVance Well-Known Member

I made the switch this weekend. I was having trouble running wide in the Solo so for the sprints I took a little preload out of the front and added a little to the rear to keep from adjusting ride height. I'm not sure it was the adjustments or just me but it was fine for the sprints. I ran a personal best (I should mention that I am not that fast to start with). I have a friends Gixxer in the garage with the Pirelli SC's. I am going to take some measurements. I'll post them up when I do.

19. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Hey Sean, if you figure out the settings mind sharing them with me? :D I had some major chatter too, was running them 30/28 on the warmers for 40minutes. Happened a lot in T1 and T11 at Jennings, I'd let off the throttle a bit to tighten up the lines and it'd get to skipping. Stickboy had mentioned if I got it to take some compression out, so I softened it up two clicks and that made it worse. So I went back to where i was on the Pirellis and left it there.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Then go two clicks harder:D