1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli moto3/125 slicks

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by mattology, Mar 23, 2020.

1. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

what are you guys running for pressure on mini tracks ???

2. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

I like 25-26 front and 22-23 rear (hot) on a 150R. I have experimented with several psi in either direction and settled there.

3. mattology

thanks! That's close to where i am so i'll try and go for that and keep on keepin on.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know it is a different brand, Dunlop and Bridgestone, but when Tyler ran a RS125 chassis with 65-85-150 motors in them, we got down to around 20-21 PSI to help with traction. A few of the racer dads all shared info, and that seemed to be a good PSI with those tires back in 2008-10.

So, don't be afraid to try a bit lower and see what happens? I think we were using high 20's when finally running RS125's on big tracks. For some reason I can remember the mini PSI's but not the big track PSI's?

5. mattology

Thank you Rob.

I have just a tiny bit of chatter on the rear tire now, I wonder if lowering a couple more PSI could help that. i have a long way to go in riding skill so I think I should probably just leave the tires as is if i'm already in the ball park and work on my confidence in laying the bike over.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well, based on my limited experience, when Tyler got front end chatter on 600s we raised the pressure to get the tire to slide more. At the time Dunlop was telling the AMA 600 class to run 33-34 psi. After a few rounds we learned to go up to 36 or more PSI, yet Dunlop still recommended the lower pressures?

Have no idea if that translates to rear tires on a mini. I’ve learned that suspension on bikes is a black art.