1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pipeline Stopped

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Dec 4, 2016.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The ironic part would be if they all started using oil burning heaters to stay warm.

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They would use natural gas warmers, because the pipe for that in the exact same spot is perfectly fine.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

None that was shown on the War on Wall Streeters. Once temps drop the party went downhill and the Soros wage was not enough.

More importantly is to see where the money went that people donated once the hippies disperse. Just like in the 60's there was always a dealer that did better than the other animals.

4. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Orvis, you missed a few steps between the treaty and the pipeline. Another legal case way back released that land from the original treaty boundary. The pipeline company bought the land from private owners. The Corps is involved due to the water crossing / ACE easement at the boundary of the waterway. Something to consider: at one time the Tribe was ok with the pipeline on their land, they just asked way too much money so the pipeline company went elsewhere.

The protesters won't leave. They're pretty well set up and don't really have anything better to do. The cops will save them when they get too high or blow themselves up with IED's and blame the cops. The protestors will show an incredible amount of resolve, the state/feds will blow millions on the LE operation, the pipeline company will spend millions to route the pipeline somewhere else, and Standing Rock will still be a hellhole when the hippies leave.

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Could someone point out the offending pipeline for me.
    IMG_0850.PNG

aedwards01 and Rebel635 like this.
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

There have been reports that the oil that will be transported in this line will not be staying in the US, but be sold to foreign markets.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think it's one of the red ones. :D

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn...all the hazardous fluid pipelines are republican and the democrat ones are full of natural gas..

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That oil will go wherever it can be sold for the most profit. And if there's a big war, it won't go anywhere.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

The US oil export ban is still in place, IIRC.

11. stk0308

So your logic is only applicable if there's a big war. Let's stay in current reality where there isn't a "big war".

12. stk0308

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Referring back to the catch all of "national security" and "energy independence". The idea being that ultimately, the pipeline will go through with the justification that if there was some national security crisis, like a "big war", it would be used to ensure that the US Military/Industrial Complex is not reliant upon outside/foreign sources to fuel it's machinery. I'd guess that nearly every major commodity produced in the US is subject to the same basic clause.

But to answer your question, there's no justifiable reason outside of profit to earmark oil from a particular source for export. In every situation, earning maximum profit is going to be the ultimate reason for that oil going wherever it ends up.

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

15. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll 100% agree their ancestors were persecuted. Not so sure I feel the same way about the current ones.

Not sure what's up with the water but overall I don't see there being a huge issue with contamination, the sacred land best I can tell is a BS excuse to protest since they've got nothing else to do given no jobs and so on.

As for the land - it belonged to the US when they took it from the Indians. Winner writes the rules, it sucks but history isn't pretty.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's like living in the hood. You don't see a way out. They're even a bit more fucked because technically they own the land where most in public housing don't. Even if the land is absolute shit it's hard to leave land you own and your tribe has lived on for generations.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

BULLS EYE!

NAILED IT!

Cry all you want about how the Indians were wronged by the White Man 500 years ago, two different cultures/lifestyles met and competed for dominance, and living in teepees lost. Deal with it. I'm German and I'm guessing the Romans and some other cultures conquered my people a thousand years ago, too...nobody's giving me a monthly check to drink up and piss away every month and a free house to destroy, and my college isn't free because of my ancestors suffering.

In fact, I'd say many modern Native Americans are insulting their ancestors by the way they live and by pissing away all they're given now as compensation for their family's past sufferings. Squandering the gifts of opportunities they're given is embarrassing to their heritage.

cav115 likes this.
  20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member