1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PICTURES

Discussion in 'General' started by photobutterfly, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

If I'm not mistaken, Vicky is one of the very few photographers that even bother to pay a vendor fee at the track. She has advertized on the board, contributed to the AFF and many other just causes. She plays by the rules and she goes out of here way to be friends with everyone at the track. I hope she continues what she is doing and that you can find a way to give special consideration to Vendors like her that are true supporters of WERA. Not to mention that she and Rick take the best pictures. I don't have anything bad to say about the others, but right is right....

2. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

ditto!:beer:

3. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

That's why you should always edit them blank.......then delete them. :D

*runs away*

4. Crash1k

Crash1k Well-Known Member

:crackup:

HAHAHA next time why not just pee on his wheels or something while your at it...

5. scotth

scotth Banned

oh dear. who knew it was so cheap?

and this:

is at the bottom of that page. now, I remember the pirate banner ad, but based on this:

I ought to ask...so long as it's not libel...?

the mind boggles.

and photobug, I'm not selling jack, I didn't really pay attention to the first post on the subject, and I got the gist. when I read the first post in this thread, I saw it as advertising. I would suspect if enough people see it that way, that makes it so.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  6. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true professional!

7. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

YOU? Or HIM?

8. shift96

Him. Just playin around. Did think it was a little harsh to speak to a lady like that (assuming the original poster was a women)

9. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

It's 2007. Blame "Sex And The CITY" for broads being treated equal.

10. shift96

True but I always watch my language when there's a lady in the house. AND, I'm from NJ....we're all assholes:D :D :D :D

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Who are you kidding? There are no ladies in Rahway. :D

12. shift96

Exactly!!!! Only the bad ones are here:up:

13. Stuntah191

Stuntah191 Guest

That's what NESBA teaches me. :Poke:

14. shift96

15. charles

charles The Transporter

PIE photos???

16. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

I see a couple questions here...no ad, though, or pics...written quite professionally, I might add.

And here I see a man, who is supposed to be in power yet has to answer the questions (which weren't answered, just moaned and groaned about) with a sorry attitude? Why I may ask? If you're tired of answering questions than why do you bother to look on here and post about this matter? I am going to take a wild guess and say I am going to be banned for this post for no other reason than I am 'threatening' the WERA BBS gods?

Someone needs to take their own advice on more than one occasion. C'mon Sean, all of us (racers) love to have our picture taken for our own self promotion. If that's not the case, than why do so many people come on here and ask the questions (Who took pics, etc)? If you haven't noticed, minus Vicky, Roo, Photobuttefly, and the rare others, you don't have many photographers out there. At Summit and Nelson, Photobutterfly was the only one out there. Now, maybe to WERA officials, who feel the need treat the photographers this way, it doesn't matter, but to me as a racer, it does. Obviously the racers in here don't feel like pointing out this fact because they are most likely to be banned or whatever, but this is getting ridiculous. You want to lay rules out there, that's fine, do that, but to act this way towards someone who wants answers does nothing but drive them away. To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Damian

17. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

I don't care much for this thread, nor do I care where one is to put a link so that racers can get shots of each other ... but one thing does tick me off.
    Anyone who thinks that this is done by Roo and I to make money. Money?

I suppose some may make a bundle but I know that our site is relatively unknown judging by the hits and so we don't make any. Few know where to find us and their pictures. Now keep in mind, our purpose was never money in the first place. Remember we started this, giving the shots to racers but quickly found two things. First that photographers who do look at this as a money making venture let us know that they were pissed off and secondly that to do what we think of as giving racers another angle, another chance at a shot of themselves on a particular day we can't afford to spend $600 bucks, (we is poor) no matter how much we enjoy this hobby, without trying to get something back so we can justify traveling out there to tracks other than the one that is close enough to not not cost us more than can be spent on a hobby.

So far we have broken even once and made about 180 bucks profit once. The rest of the time it costs us. Great fun ... but please don't think that its about money.

One other perspective is that the more money there is to be made, the more there is to go around - to things like buying adds. I'd love to. And if there is a profit after the end of the year I will promise to buy one. Heck if there was more money - I'd invest in the thousands and sell onsite like some do ... and then be happy to spend on a vendors fee.

I'll make anyone a deal (mongo? :) ). If someone gets our hotels, buys us lunch, dinner and a few beers, we will spend the gas to get there and go with an idea that I've been trying to get off the drawing board. Pay our way ... and then let us advertise where people can find the shots .... and Wera can have ALL the proceeds from sales towards the air fence fund?

So ... whatdayasay ... Mongo? That would be good for the racers, great for wera ... and if you throw in a few extra beers for me ... great for me! Everyone wins. (oh can anyone throw in a 200-400 f 4.0?) :)

18. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

19. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Oh ... and otherwise ... we plan to donate the proceeds of one race, the next year at VIR which hardly costs us any money to get to since we are quite close. Our way of putting back a bit back towards an awesome sport.

To get a shot ... just show a receipt for (?) $35 towards the air fence ... and you can have the file, with a legal release to do with as you please - including advertising. At least thats how I think it would work well. Feedback welcome.

20. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

I guess I tried to write this but since I am not a photographer, I couldn't. Jen walked in and read this and says, "You are absolutely right."

Damian