1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PICTURES

Discussion in 'General' started by photobutterfly, Jul 3, 2007.

1. photobutterfly

photobutterfly Photographer

I am not trying to call anyone out here BUT what are the rules for pictures on this forum? I know that we were all threatened the other week about putting up pictures espically if we are selling them and we are no longer able to promote on here. One guy was even banned last week for promoting VHS so what are we allowed to do? I have already started my Atl.thread in Classifieds since that is where we were told we have to stay in order to sell but it looks as if the rules are different for each photog. Please explain again so we don't end up with pissed off, confused or banned photo's!

Thank You,
    ~Jennifer

2. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Put up that picture of me and Josh and me and Britt. Unless I look like shit, then photo crop crap it or whatever it is you do and then put it up.

3. photobutterfly

photobutterfly Photographer

4. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i think the rule was focused on promoting the selling of pics.

pavel put up a good argument for why free ones should not then be posted....but i never saw a definitive addition to the rules for that.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This site is not here to make money for photogs or anyone else. I don't care if people share their free pictures. I do care if you're selling or promoting pictures.

This is not that damned difficult to figure out - the other thread was more than clear enough. If you cannot understand that then go post elsewhere.

Any further question threads about this will be taken as yet another way to try and sneak in an ad about how you have pictures for sale. I'm tired of that shit, you're not slick, you're not sneaky and you are pissing me off.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Just as an observation, I haven't seen too may photographers who use this BBS to sell their shite buy a banner ad to help offset the cost of the use of WERA bandwidth. Maybe I missed them.

Classified or General doesn't matter, if you're making money by using this site on a regular basis for your own business purposes then IMO the classy thing to do would be to buy an ad.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Good Point! :up:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How would you apply that to Chavon and Durrani?:D

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Just charge a vendor's fee, and donate the fees to the Air Fence Fund.

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm still not sure why the rules have to keep getting written out for the same few photogs. Something to talk about and bring attention to themselves I guess.

Racing can go on without photogs and seeing many of the photographs taken by spectators...most of those are better than the "pro" photogs.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jennifer I can see your posts even if you delete them. If you want to be out there at your own expense etc... then work a corner. You're selling pictures and making money at it or you and the rest wouldn't bother. If WE weren't there for you to shoot pictures you'd be shit out of luck. If WE weren't here with this website you use for free to sell those pictures you'd be shit out of luck.

To act like WERA owes you something is ridiculous. Grow up.

12. Crash1k

Crash1k Well-Known Member

Note to self, don't piss Mongo off...

Hey Mongo, on a side note, are you racing this weekend? (Fontana)

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll be there running scoring and the like.

14. TristanP

TristanP Track Photographer

Mongo,

What's the monthly fee for a banner ad? Maybe a group of photogs would be willing to chip in to help out the site. I would certainly consider it, at least for those months I'd get to a race.

15. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i'm in.

16. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I've done it before, it's not expensive

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Vicky should have been mentioned before that she does advertise and she does follow rules. :)

18. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

So if you buy an ad, are you still limited on where you can post?

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I would think so.